Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Gadget with Hyperlink and Gadget with Favorites

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Gadget with Hyperlink and Gadget with Favorites
 Login/Join

<ABHINAV BALI>
posted
Hi,

I wanted to create a dashboard with 2 gadgets.

In one of the gadgets I want to include all hyperlinks which can take me to corresponding intranet/internet webpage.

In other gadget I wanted to have a feature where I can include my favourite links like folder location of windows so that I can directly go from PMF to windows folder.

How to give that functionality in gadget?

Thanks

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
How you would do this depends on a lot more factors than you are providing. It would definitely require programming knowledge and some knowledge of javascript and HTML-DOM.

For the gadget with the list of favorite web links, the questions are:

• Is this dashboard just for you or is it for all users at the site?
  • Is the list of links universal to all users (e.g., the same list for everyone) or is is personal to each user?
  • What dependencies are there for the list? Is it dependent on scorecard and related measures, user ID, etc.
  • Will all users have access to the web resources in the links or are these private to some users and not to others?
  • Who determines what is in a user's list?

There are many ways to accomplish a gadget with the list of favorite web links. If they are very personal and you want to minimize your coding work, you could write a JS app that accesses the universal *favorites* object in the browser DOM and let the user use their browser favorites feature to save the list of links. But the user would have to know how to add favorites in their browser.

If the list also needs to be managed by someone else, but is personal to each user, you could create a little app with a database to store and manage links by user and a WebFOCUS report with hyperlinks to bring up each user's list, and an add button to add the content that's personal for them, and the capability for an admin to add links for them. The list would be filtered by the user's ID in that case (OWNER_ID in PMF).

Or if it's a public list that's always the same, you could take advantage of PMF's content management, and create a gadget that lists content in a particular category, create a gadget with a built category filter (including a category you set up yourself in the content panel in PMF). We have been looking for a gadget like that, so if you decide to build that one, we should get it exported to a GDG and we can put it out for public consumption, with full credit to you.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Master
posted Hide Post
The second item you list is a little more risky to build because access to a local Windows folder is very much a private affair. You could build such a gadget of course (there is a FILE:// protocol in HTTP) but it would only work for users that had access to the specific disk drive in question. There is also the potential of a user running a program or something else from the file system so you'd have to take that into account. Perhaps we're not really hearing what you want here so please respond with more information.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!