Focal Point
[SOLVED] Colors in Objective of SMap not appearing

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/782106853

February 01, 2010, 03:28 PM
<ABHINAV BALI>
[SOLVED] Colors in Objective of SMap not appearing
Hi,

I am using PMF 5.2 Beta and I have created new scorecard with measures as required by customer. I have loaded the data(actuals, targets etc) for all measures, linked measures to objective, provided weights etc.. but still colors are not appearing in objectives inside strategy map. When i run rolling 5 yrs period report in analyst tab, I get indicators. When I click on measure and want to view the graph,column graph shows color which demonstrate peformance like red, green etc...

Any ideas as why my objectives have no colors
? I have also included themes with all of my objectives. Refresh the strategy tab but no success.

Thanks for help..

Abhi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <ABHINAV BALI>,
February 01, 2010, 03:49 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Did you set the weights of measure to objective? That's a required step to get the measure data to move up to the strategy level. You can do this either from the Measure panel (the link measures to objectives button) or the objectives panel (link objectives to measures).

From there, you should set the weights. Weights should add up to 100%; you'll see a panel with sliders.

All this info is in the doc as well.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

February 01, 2010, 06:15 PM
<ABHINAV BALI>
Thanks.

Yes, I have already assigned weights of measure to objectives.

All my objectives have weight rebalanced and All my measures have weight which by default is 100% at the moment because only one measure is aligned to one objective.

But still its not working.

Regards
Abhi
February 01, 2010, 07:41 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Check the now date you have configuered for PMF. If you are loading data that is effective in the past, which is typical in a demo situation, where customers often give you older data, checkin PMF settings to make sure you are not telling PMF to look at the current point in time (system clock) as your now date; instead set it to the point in time your data is actually present. This is the most common reason that people have problems when loading demo data, and it only takes 2 seconds to check and adjust.

thanks and good luck with your demo

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

February 01, 2010, 09:14 PM
<ABHINAV BALI>
Thanks Bob.

It worked..That was great.

One final question is looking at the data I am not sure what "stretch" means as compared to threshold, flex and benchmark. Some of my % values are appearing above 100% so wanted to analyse how my stretch is playing its role.

Regards
Abhi
February 01, 2010, 09:24 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Stretch, benchmark, etc are just alternate targets. You decide what they mean; but generally Stretch = a stretch target, farther out than the normal target; benchmark is used to store a comparative target, usually taken from a benchmarking service, etc.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

February 04, 2010, 10:23 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Abhinav, please mark solved cases with [SOLVED] in the title so they help other users.

Thanks!
bjf

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105