Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [SOLVED]Filtering Scorecard Data - Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Filtering Scorecard Data - Question
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am moving from PMF version 5.3.2 to 8.0.2. Currently we use measures to automatically filter data for our users. With this method now obsolete, I am asking for a Best Practice for filtering data in the new PMF release. I have identified three processes: 1) Create "filtered" datapoints. 2) Use the Dimension Broadcast to allow the user to filter data. 3) Use the Scorecard Access Security to filter data. Can you provide Best Practice guidance on these processes? As well as any other processes available. My objective is to minimize time spent on maintenance while providing our users with a effortless view of their data. Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcorp,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi dcorp,

The Measure filtering we had with 5.3.2 on legacy measures should still work in PMF when you're using new Measures. The Measure data still ends up in the MEASURES cube; it's just loaded in from your Sources > Datapoints via LRC rather than directly from your data sources. But the data ends up being reported from Measures, and Measures still link to Scorecards, so Scorecards can group and filter Measures.

I must be misunderstanding what you mean by filtering measures... what kind of filtering do you mean that doesn't work any more? Is this filtering on dashboards and reports, or filtering some other way?

thanks !

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
To meet specific measure reporting needs, we add dimension value filtering to our measure loads. In the new release this is no longer an option. Which is fine, I am looking for the best way to provide specific data to a measure. Thanks,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
All data harvesting is also automatically grouped by Dimension keys, which effectively acts as a form of filtering, but I guess that's not what you mean?

Regardless, the new system does more than the old, so it would be a very rare situation indeed that you couldn't do something now that you could do before.

Can you give me an example of the dimension filtering you're doing? Are you using Dimensions in another way? How are these filters being applied? Is this row level security you're talking about (that certainly works as before, but some small differences exist due to the way we changed the dimension MFD names to make Dimensions renameable in 5.3.1).

Please share an example; we'll certainly try to help.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
We have a Corporate Scorecard that contains a number of products. Specific individual groups are responsible for one or more than one product reported on the Corporate Scorecard. We created scorecards for the individual groups containing only their products so that on the Today Page the individual groups see only their products. It appears that this type of filtering is now applied when creating sources.

Master
posted Hide Post
Measures still filter the same way they always did so if you put a Dimension filter on them while getting the data the results will still be filtered. It shouldn't matter how they're loaded... if some customization was put into PMF to support this, let me know; it should still work, but we'd need to know what it was, to confirm it.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
There are no customizations. In PMF 5.2.3 we use the filtering located on the Edit Measure Loader Filters Tab. I do not see a filter option in the measure load in the current release.

Master
posted Hide Post
Filters are on the Sources. You can apply global filters and/or specific filters to each Datapoint being harvested. There's a [filters] button next to each Datapoint; and a Global Filters option on the Source (on the Advanced tab).

Measures propagate from the data harvested on the Sources, and will simply use the datapoints loaded as filtered.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bob, Thanks for the clarification. We are rebuilding our scorecards to take advantage of the new PMF features and want to make sure we are going in the right direction. The addition of sources and datapoints within PMF simplified our process for supplying data to our scorecards. Thanks again.