Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [Workaround] Red X when synching owners

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Workaround] Red X when synching owners
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Working with PMF 5.12

When I try to sync owners. I still get a bunch of Red Xs.

I added myself to the group "administrato" in MR User Administration.
The group "administrato" is member of the domain "Performance Management Framework"

From page 211 of the PMF Manual.
"Red X. User is in the Owners table, but needs to have access setup in the Performance Management Framework MRE domain."

I have the access setup correctly.
Am I missing something?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mighty Max,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tracked the problem down to PMF dumping MRE users into a CSV file and then using that CSV file to sync MRE users with PMF.

The csv file is located in the application folder pmfdata and is named mr_users.csv.

Our MRE user are named in the following format "Last Name, First Name".
The "," messes up the sync process in PMF.
The quick fix is to remove the ",".
However, this causes PMF to have the First Name and Last Name be switched around.

I am looking into the fexes that build the csv file for a possible workaround.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Max,
Any particular reason for creating your MRE User id's with the format "Last Name, First Name", apart from keeping them unique?
Just curious

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991

Posts: 104 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The reason that MRE users are in the format "Last Name, First Name" is because that is how the environment was set up.
I would rather not rename each user.
I was able to fix the problem by modifying a fex.

The fex "pmf_users_sync_form.fex" needs to be modified.
Make a copy of "pmf_users_sync_form.fex" and name it "pmf_users_sync_form.fex.original".
The fex uses some javascript functions to create mr_users.csv.
All I did was modify the functions to add double quotes when creating the .csv file.
The functions I modified were docInit() and syncUsers().
Both functions use a variable named userInfo.
Modify userInfo so that when it gets assigned a value double quotes are included.
There were four places in the fex where I modified userInfo.

EXAMPLE

Before
userInfo = mrUsers[x][0] + "," +
           mrUsers[x][1] + "," +
           mrUsers[x][2] + "," +
           mrUsers[x][3] + "," + x + ",N" +;

After
userInfo = "\"" + mrUsers[x][0] + "\"" + "," +
           "\"" + mrUsers[x][1] + "\"" + "," +
           "\"" + mrUsers[x][2] + "\"" + "," +
           "\"" + mrUsers[x][3] + "\"" + "," + 
	  "\"" + x + "\"" + "," + 
           "\"" + "N" + "\"";

mr_users.csv - Before
userID,Last Name, First Name,email@address.com,consumer,0,N

mr_users.csv - After
"userID","Last Name, First Name","email@address.com","consumer","0","N"

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder to everyone. If you make changes to delivered PMF code, we recommend that you put your revised versions in a different directory; otherwise your changes will be overlaid when you upgrade to a new PMF release. We recommend that you use a directory named pmfcustom so there will be a common location across all customers.

Note that there are a few exceptions to this recommendation. There are some programs which must stay in the mainstreet folder, for example, pmf_lib.js, mainstreet.css, etc. And to answer the obvious next question, no we do not currently have a complete list of all such programs.