Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Time Range: YTD vs Previous YTD?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Time Range: YTD vs Previous YTD?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi Team,

I wonder if there is a way to build a time range that shows current YTD vs Prior YTD?

PMF has these time ranges:
-Prior Year vs. Current
-YTD
-YTD - Prior

I'm looking for a mix of all three, if possible.

If I use the first one, I get the entire prior year and the current year to date.

The requirement I'm trying to satisfy is to compare year to date (this year) to year to date (prior year). So, if it's March 2012, I should compare January 2012 to March 2012 VS January 2011 to March 2011.

I can see clearly how I could do this with a custom gadget, in two passes combined into one output, but then I would not be able to drill-down. I'm hoping I can pull this off with no customizations.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
There is currently no way to construct a single Time Range to do YTD vs. Previous YTD. You can do this with two passes combined into one output. So yes, you will have to write a custom report.

That said, you can still do all the standard PMF drill downs against your combined output. The easiest way to do this would be to clone off a standard PMF report that is closest to what you need (Rolling 5 Period, Current vs. Previous, etc) and then substitute the single call to pmf_booklet_data with your custom code to do two passes against the data and then combine them.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, Sorry, You're a guru.
So My stupid answer won't be of any Help.
My Focexec would have Many DM variables
It Would first call a Match
And then a Focexec that would Make Things Pretty and Webby.
This Son Focexec Would call his Daddy Focexec if a Drill Down was asked for.
All this would be written out of the Assistants.
A bit outa time, probably.
Focusely and Cordially, nonetheless

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post