Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    PMF Load job LOG via e-mail

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF Load job LOG via e-mail
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
In ReportCaster I set up notifications via e-mail to my PMF measure load job. It is working fine, but it always triggers e-mail even it is set to "On Error" only.

Here is the log. What is the "error" in this log?
===============================
ReportCaster Log Report Schedule ID: S1372j5hkc01, Job Description: M1) Gross Margin vs. Plan measure weekly load

Process: J139at1fiqv0
Schedule ID: S1372j5hkc01
Start Time: 2008-06-04 18:02:01
End Time: 2008-06-04 18:02:58

Message Code Message Text

BTP1010 Starting worker thread
BTP1020 Starting task: Task for Schedule
BTP1020 Task type: EDA RPC
BTP1020 Procedure name: MEAS_LOADER_SCHED
BTP1020 Connecting to server EDASERVE with execution id admin
BTP1020 Executing focexec.
BTP1020 No report to create.
BTP1020 About to run Measure Loader for Measure Series: 15
BTP1020 Measure Loader Processing Complete: *** Measures load is completed for Measure
BTP1020 Series: M1) Gross Margin vs. Plan
BTP1020 Task finished.
BTP1010 No report to distribute.

thank you
Endre

Posts: 32 | Location: All over US | Registered: March 12, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Endre,
From the text you entered it looks like the only 'error/warning' is that there is No Report to distribute. In ReportCaster's Distribution Server Configuration, check the following setting:

General Tab -> Default Setting Folder ==>Default Processing for No Report to Distribute

If this is set to Error, ReportCaster will consider no report as an error and send our the error notification.

-Arin Lipman

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thnx Arin,

I opened the ReportCaster's Server Configuration screen, but the only things I found under General Tab are:

Default Settings:
Default End Date/Time
Default FTP Host
Default FTP User Id/Password
Default Mail From
Default Mail Reply Address
Default Notify Type
Default WebFOCUS Server

Am I on the wrong screen?

thnx, Endre

posted Hide Post
Endre,
What release of WebFOCUS is running PMF?

-Arin Lipman

Master
posted Hide Post
Arin is trying to tell you, there is no error. The load does NOT generate a report. If you are manually configuring the load in Caster, you have to tell it NOT to call "no report" an error. If you configure through the Loader interface in PMF, typically this won't happen, unless you changed default settings in Caster so that No Report is considered an error. Most users don't do this.

Another approach, try setting this to never.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Version: 4.2 (rev date: 2007-10-19)
Released on: October 15, 2007

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Aron, Bob,

I understund that there is no error. Caster thinks there is an error due to the lack of report. Where I'm stuck now is how to manually configure the load in Caster, NOT to call "no report" an error.

thnx (PMF version number is above in the previous post)
Endre

Master
posted Hide Post
That is exactly what I understood as well. A good sign.

PMF doesn't control Caster defaults, so you have to configure caster itself to do this. Because when Arin asked you to change the defaults, and you said you didn't see that option on your Caster screen, Arin is asking what version of *WebFOCUS* is running underneath PMF at your site so he can show you how to configure that version of WebFOCUS to get what you want.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I thought Aron was asking the version of PMF...

The WebFOCUS version is 763

thnx
Endre

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
http://............/rcaster/main/rcasterabout.jsp produced

label=branch762, gen=130, date=Tue Jun 26 21:27:18 EDT 2007

thnx