Focal Point
Report of a little bug in PMF_LAUNCH_PAGES_FORM

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/9167026995

March 03, 2011, 05:15 AM
Carlos Da Costa
Report of a little bug in PMF_LAUNCH_PAGES_FORM
Hi,

Description of the bug :
When we clic in "content > new content" we get the error : "S01 pmf_get_app_filter.fex FOCCERROR - empty"

Why this error occur :
This error come from a empty value in the SYSTABLE. Indeed, if your are any profile creating a HOLD, this operation create a master with a empty CREATOR in the SYSTABLE. So when the PMF_LAUNCH_PAGES_FORM populate the list of APP_PATH from SYSTABLE, it's getting an empty application and is trying to poplate the list of Fex form this empty app... And you get a error.

How to fix this little bug :
ADD the condition
"WHERE CREATOR NE ''" to the "TABLE FILE SYSTABLE" in mainstreet/pmf_app_path.fex

I wanted to be sure that you aware of that case.

Have nice day,

Carlos
(WebFOCUS-Experience.com)

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 srv
PMF 5.3.1 HF5
March 03, 2011, 08:03 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Can you help by telling us in what version of PMF are you seeing this? We can see you are using WebFOCUS 7.6.10.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

March 03, 2011, 08:15 AM
Carlos Da Costa
Hi Bob,

We're using 5.2.1 HotFix 1.

Best regards,

Carlos

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 srv
PMF 5.3.1 HF5
March 03, 2011, 10:42 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Yes, I do believe there is a bug in the FMI driver in 7.6.10 which is fixed in later WebFOCUS that causes this. Subsequent releases of PMF after 5.2.1 also work around that bug.

Why not get your PMF environment up to date? We're at 5.2.3 HF2 - there are features in this release that are quite nice, and substantial performance and quality improvements in the current rel.

5.2.1 is looking a bit long in the tooth, no?

Upgrades are pretty fast and you don't have to worry about the usual upgrade agita unless you've heavily customized PMF code.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

March 03, 2011, 11:43 AM
Carlos Da Costa
Have you any bench of the substantial performance you are talking about ?

I didn't find a link with the new feature of the 5.2.3 HF2, can you post it please ?

Effectively we had customized quite a lot the tool, even if is all our custom code is in PMFCUSTOM, we think it will cost more or less 15 working day, to check if every is OK... So for the moment we trying to go in production with this release, may be in june we will try to upgrade with the 5.3 that we discussed.

We perform some good modification in the DBMS side. We try to isolate the slowest request (with HTTP tracer) during the construction a page and optimize the index of the tables required (not only MEASURE because we're talking about "during" the construction of the page).
We hope that you do the same on your side...

Thank

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 srv
PMF 5.3.1 HF5
March 03, 2011, 12:57 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
It's posted here on the forum, just above this thread:

http://forums.informationbuild...1084022/m/4607082595

Hotfix levels are generally not feature releases, they are for quality (e.g., bug fixes). Features are same in 5.2.3 HF2 as in 5.2.3.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105