Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Multi-drill menu on Current vs Previous report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multi-drill menu on Current vs Previous report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
In the Previous vs Current report, there were a number of multidrill options that were not needed by my customer. I commented out the unwanted drill downs in a_get_drill_down_meas.fex. It looked good.

Then when I drill into the dimensions and select a specific lower level a dimension, the full multi-drill menu appears again showing all the options I had commented out.

How do I limit this when drilling in from the left hand tree?

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I just tried this out and the changes took on the left-side drilldown as well as on the top level report.

My guess is you need to configure your browser to get new pages from the cache each time you go to the server. You probably have an old version of that drill result - with more menus - in your local browser cache.

Either that, or you need to provide a more precise click by click reproduction of the behavior you're seeing.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
The browser is IE 6. I changed the setting to refresh on every visit to the page. I cleared out all temporary files. I checked the server to be sure expire_reports is equal to 1.

The problem is still occuring. I believe it is a caching issue, but not sure how to resolve it.

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Or, it's possible I misunderstand what you're reporting.

Click-by-click, exactly how could I reproduce this?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
First, comment out one of the drill down options.

Run current vs previous report. Without drilling into any of the dimensions, click on the name of one of the measures and see the drill down report list with the missing option. Then drill into a dimension (location) and let the report refresh on the right hand side showing the breadcrumbs of where you drilled. Click on a measure name again and see if the option is still missing.

WF 8.09

Master
posted Hide Post
Dang. I did your exact repro and it doesn't repro. It works perfectly. I hate it when I can't break things.

Anyway, the assumption I'm (still) making is that you mean the "measures - previous vs. current" report and not the "objectives - previous vs. current" report. Am I right? If not, I'll try that other one, too.

The other assumption I'm making is the problem is independent of *which* multi-drill you're commenting out. The include file has some pathways in it. So which options are you commenting out?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
OK, I think I found it. When customizing code for a customer, I always copy the program to another directory before changing it. This directory sits at the top of the app path (before mainstreet). I left the original name in place. Somehow it was picking up the original program when drilling it. I went out to mainstreet and renamed the program I modified to a_get_drill_down_meas-orig.fex and it cleared up the problem. Any idea why this would be necessary?

Thanks!

WF 8.09

Master
posted Hide Post
Aha. Makes sense.

In the particular contexts you discovered, the tree is loaded from the web server, and in the HTML we force the app-path to our folder. However, the first time the report runs it's not off the tree.

This would only cause problems in a name collision situation - such as you found.

Best practices say any customized code should be uniquely named to avoid these, either by renaming the original module to prevent it from being accidentally found. You fixed it by adhering to that best practice, as all good developers do.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105