Focal Point
7.6.6 vs PMF 4.2.1 error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/9221007392

July 31, 2008, 09:15 AM
Trav
7.6.6 vs PMF 4.2.1 error
I recently updgraded our staging server to 7.6.6 and installed PMF 4.2.1. I'm getting an error when I drill from the Measures Previous vs. Current report and try to "Measure Details".

Error returned is:
Error in pmf_booklet_data S01_A2 FOCERRNUM: 9

View source shows:
(FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED: TYPE_LEVEL01_VALUE

If I start at the Objectives Previous vs. Current, go through Measures PVC, and then Measure Details, I get this in view source:

(FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED: LE_HIERARCHY_LEVEL01_VALUE

Obviously, more than happy to log a case -- but thought I'd check here first as you guys have been pretty fast. Smiler

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF
July 31, 2008, 02:04 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
First, you seem to be the administrator, but you don't seem to be looking at the administrator's dashboard any more by default. And you're pointing a fresh-installed version of PMF, which doesn't know yet about your metadata, to an already-built data mart.

The answer is simple: You probably have to resync the metadata.

So

Please switch your today page to display Administrator's Dashboard 01 and see if the box on the lower right is red. It probably is! The PMF Administrator Dashboard automatically checks for inconsistencies and recognizes you have metadata out of sync with your data mart.

Click the button to resync the metadata.

That should do it.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

July 31, 2008, 03:17 PM
Trav
DOH! That makes sense -- I wasn't thinking of it in those terms and it threw me since some of it was working properly.

That fixed it!
thanks again!

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF