Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Time Dimension Label to the left.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Time Dimension Label to the left.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
When in a PMF Report such as Rolling 5 Period the left hand side lists all the dimensions. For the Time Dimension is their a way we can rename it ? If not possible is their a way we can change the display only ? My customer would like it in French and states it will be an issue if it stays with the literal of "Time"

Thanx in advance, John

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server

Master
posted Hide Post
In the release notes for PMF it states:

The Time Dimension itself will continue to be called Time in 5.1.1, but that only
affects a very small number of places.

Because Time's name is actually used in code in the 5.1.n track, the dimension cannot be renamed.

Workaround: In the dim_nav.mas file, you can add the following line at the very bottom of the first segment:

DEFINE D00_DIMENSION_TYPE/A20 WITH D00_DT = IF (D00_DT EQ 'T') THEN 'Temps' ELSE D00_DIMENSION_TYPE ; $

This will change the displayed value on the tree to 'Temps' with no apparent ill side effects (I did test this).

Note it doesn't change the default name for Time anywhere else except on the Tree-based reports. So Analysis Designer and the Dimension Loader still list the dimension as "time" but I'm assuming this isn't a critical problem since it's not end-user-visible.

Thanks to Eric for the technique!

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Master
posted Hide Post
Regarding changing the level names (e.g., 'Quarter,' 'Month,' or whatever you have Time set for), if you're using Time AutoGen you have to do a couple small mods to the DB values. These are documented in the Release Notes which are embedded in the PMF New Features doc for your convenience.

If you're using a Custom Time Dimension, you can rename the levels right there in the Dimension loader. It's only auto-generated Time that requires you to mod the DB.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This label change is working well. Thanx great help!!

Merci

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
Sorry new to this forum, but can you point me to that document? Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Jude Ferrante:
Regarding changing the level names (e.g., 'Quarter,' 'Month,' or whatever you have Time set for), if you're using Time AutoGen you have to do a couple small mods to the DB values. These are documented in the Release Notes which are embedded in the PMF New Features doc for your convenience.

If you're using a Custom Time Dimension, you can rename the levels right there in the Dimension loader. It's only auto-generated Time that requires you to mod the DB.

Daryl Hechanova
Systems Analyst
Fidelity Investments

WebFOCUS 7.6
Linux for x64 64 bit, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
It is included with PMF in /approot/mainstreet/documentation/

thanks
bjf

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
I have a AutoGen Time Dimension and want to change the labeling of Month and Quarter on the "Dimension Tree"
Could you help me find that mod to the DB?

Thanks!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob Jude Ferrante:
Regarding changing the level names (e.g., 'Quarter,' 'Month,' or whatever you have Time set for), if you're using Time AutoGen you have to do a couple small mods to the DB values. QUOTE]

Daryl Hechanova
Systems Analyst
Fidelity Investments

WebFOCUS 7.6
Linux for x64 64 bit, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Daryl,

This is a fairly straight forward mod, but make sure to backup your database before attempting!

There are two tables that need to be updated:

DIMENSIONS_SOURCE - {find the levels that you wish to update for dimension type 'T' and modify them)
update DIMENSIONS_SOURCE SET DIMENSION_LEVEL_NAME = 'My Quarter' WHERE DIMENSION_SOURCE_ID = XX

DIMENSIONS_TYPE - {mark the dimension of time to be regenerated by marking the DIMENSION_VIEW_FLAG to Y}
update DIMENSIONS_TYPE set dimension_view_flag = 'Y' where dimension_type = 'T'

Log off PMF and log back in. You will be prompted that your system is out of sync. Click to resync your system and the new level names should be propagated throughout.

I hope this helps,
Mike