November 29, 2011, 10:19 AMBob Jude Ferrante
PMF 5.2.3 HF4 is Generally Available
Information Builders PMF 5.2.3 Hotfix 4 (HF4) was released to manufacturing October 30, 2011, and is currently available on the Information Builders software download site at http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com
PMF 5.2.3 HF4 is Generally Available, contains all the features of PMF 5.2.2, and fixes some additional minor issues in PMF 5.2.3. PMF 5.2.3 added two major new capabilities to increase PMF's adoptability in wide-scale deployments:
- Speed: PMF's Web profile has been retuned to run sufficiently fast for full Internet (rather than the previously-typical Intranet/LAN) deployment.
- Accessibility: PMF’s available accessibility options have been automated to integrate with WebFOCUS’ accessibility settings, and accessible Dashboards and Gadgets have been added to the framework to simplify and clarify the capabilities.
In addition, these new capabilities were also added:
- Cause and effect drills added to the Strategy Map
- 11 formatting "skins" completed and ready for use
- Multi-tenancy support (requires setup according to guidelines in the PMF Installation and Configuration Guide)
Note that PMF 5.2.3 HF4 runs on WebFOCUS 7.6.7 or higher and also is installable and runnable on WebFOCUS 7.7.02 and 7.7.02M.
For a full list of new capabilities from the previous PMF release, PMF 5.2.2, please see the previous FocalPoint posting regarding the 5.2.2 release from May 2010. If you already have PMF 5.2.3 installed, you can also find a PDF containing details about all new features in /ibi/apps/mainstreet/documentation/PMF New Features.pdf.