Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
YTD report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Ver 4

Is there a report similar to Running 12 Months that shows YTD in the month columns for the current fiscal year?

thnx, Endre

Posts: 32 | Location: All over US | Registered: March 12, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
"Running 12 months" is a time range... perhaps someone coded you a specific report that does this as PMF doesn't ship with one like this, or it's a saved report.

In V4 we don't have a way to show monthly running YTD in a report. It'd take some fancy coding and so is doable.

IN V5 we have a multi-time feature that makes it easier to code it, and in short time we will have it as a column option on the Analysis Designer so you won't have to code it at all.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
sorry Bob. I was just told that the Running 12 months (periods) were added to PMF.

It looks good on HTML, but when they click on the Option button and select Excel or PDF, they get a No HTML Output. Is there something they missing in the WebFCOUS code?
thnx Endre

Master
posted Hide Post
Well... PMF *ships* with a "Metrics - Rolling 5 Period report," and a "Metrics - Previous V. Current report." When you say this "Running 12 report was "added to PMF" I assume you mean it was a *custom* report written by someone - perhaps a consultant?

Perhaps the consultant didn't test out PDF and EXL2K formats?

You probably want to get *them* to fix that. I'd assume it's a minor glitch in the way the custom report was coded.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Master
posted Hide Post
Quick way to check the report would be to look at its Launch Page in the Administration tab. Get the name of the WebFOCUS procedure that gets run.

On the other hand, let me know if it's a "saved report," e.g., using the standard report templates, and somehow PDF doesn't work, let me know. We do QA the thing throughly, but I'm not sure what release you're running. You can tell if it's a saved report if the Parameters block on the launch page is filled with parameters, and if the procedure is one of these:

pmf_mat_r100.fex
pmf_mat_r150.fex
pmf_met_r200.fex

If it's not one of these, then it's definitely a custom report, so contact the consultant who did the work for you and ask them to fix the issue with PDF.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, consultant. I didn't know if there is something we have to set within PMF for the different output types. I'm calling the consultant. thnx Endre

Master
posted Hide Post
Different field names get printed for PDF as it has to embed fonts to show the indicators. That's a simple thing to change for the consultant.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
I was one of the consultants. The issue seems to arise with the Options button (Print, Output to Excel, Output to PDF, Schedule This) because the Options button appears to point to the original 5 month report. We need an alternative branching to go the Excel or PDF version of the 12 month report. Bottom line: which mainstreet code should be copied and modified in a different application folder.

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You don't need to modify the menu INCLUDE code for the option menu. The problem is in your report code.

If you look at your report you'll notice just before you INCLUDE the code to generate the Option menu, you will see an amper var that SETS the FOCEXEC name to be drilled:

-SET &DRILL_DOWN_RPT = '[focexec name]';

Change that line of code to your focexec name, and you're fine.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105