Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [Closed] - Actual Metric a Ratio and Target a set Value (Aggregation Needed)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] - Actual Metric a Ratio and Target a set Value (Aggregation Needed)
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Has anyone found an easy way to account for this situation?

An easy example is average hotel rate. We set a target of $50 per night. The actual calculation is hotel costs / hotel nights.

I need to aggregate this from a machine level to a division level so I don't believe I can do the calculation as a datapoint and the measure as a number. It would not average the aggregation. With over 90 machine I don't want to have to trick the system by dividing by 1 for the target if it isn't needed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jasen,

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Posts: 76 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: December 28, 2012Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Jasen -

For Ratio & Percentage Measures, if you use a fixed Target the displayed value will automatically be averaged when you aggregate at a higher level.

So you will still see the target as $50 at all levels of your dimension.

EricH

Gold member
posted Hide Post
How do I use a fixed target though? It wants me to enter a ratio for the target.

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Click in the check box under the # column. This opens up an entry box. Enter the fixed ratio value. It will be preserved on aggregation.

This is discussed in the PMF manual on p. 307 in the section "Working With Measures". Yes I know, the manual can be a bit overwhelming the first time you look at it, but it is your friend! Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EricH,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
If the target was static I could do that, but the number changes from year to year and is different for each machine. The target can range from $40 to $90 per night based on location of the machine.

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If the Target is not fixed (i.e. static), then you have to supply both a numerator & denominator - and you will have to do the "trick" of putting a 1 into the denominator.

The simplest way of getting that "1" is to create a User Defined Field on the Source and set it to 1.