Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Gadget Question
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am really impressed with how useful the new gadgets are in release 4.2. I am now in the process of setting up a gadget dashboard for my customer in Omaha.

While working with the Actual Target YTD & Prior Bars A, I've selected multiple measures (4). I get 4 different graphs showing but they all have the same report title. I am guessing that there needs to be a page-break on the measure to force a new title. When I went to look at the Webfocus Procedure listed on the gadget class designer (gadget_rpt_meas_blkout_gph01), it wasn't listed in the mainstreet directory.

So consequently I have a couple of questions. 1) Where are the webfocus procedures listed in the gadget class designer and 2) can we get them changed so the title changes when multiple measures are selected?

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Janice--
Thanks!

Because they're intended to be user-programmed components, the gadgets are stored in the PMFGADGETS application folder under approot.

Actual Target YTD & Prior Bars is based on gadget_rpt_meas_bkout_gph01.fex, which wraps the standard PMF procedure meas_bkout_gph01.fex.

So meas_bkout_gph01.fex (which is in the mainstreet folder) would be the place to make the changes.

Generally graphical gadgets are single instance/image; they generally have to fit into a very small space, and you don't want to have to require scrollbars. So if you were to make a change to the gadget, the recommended way to handle multiple measures would be to change it from a single-bar to a multi-bar graph, so that each measure series passed would be a different data series on the same bar.

But of course, it's based on WebFOCUS so you can do anything the customer wants!

Of note, the graph meas_bkout_gph01 is also used in the measure breakout report and the measure breakout dashboard drilldown.

many thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!