Focal Point
Gadget Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/9791089952

December 03, 2007, 01:14 PM
Janice
Gadget Question
I am really impressed with how useful the new gadgets are in release 4.2. I am now in the process of setting up a gadget dashboard for my customer in Omaha.

While working with the Actual Target YTD & Prior Bars A, I've selected multiple measures (4). I get 4 different graphs showing but they all have the same report title. I am guessing that there needs to be a page-break on the measure to force a new title. When I went to look at the Webfocus Procedure listed on the gadget class designer (gadget_rpt_meas_blkout_gph01), it wasn't listed in the mainstreet directory.

So consequently I have a couple of questions. 1) Where are the webfocus procedures listed in the gadget class designer and 2) can we get them changed so the title changes when multiple measures are selected?

WF 8.09
December 03, 2007, 01:47 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Hi Janice--
Thanks!

Because they're intended to be user-programmed components, the gadgets are stored in the PMFGADGETS application folder under approot.

Actual Target YTD & Prior Bars is based on gadget_rpt_meas_bkout_gph01.fex, which wraps the standard PMF procedure meas_bkout_gph01.fex.

So meas_bkout_gph01.fex (which is in the mainstreet folder) would be the place to make the changes.

Generally graphical gadgets are single instance/image; they generally have to fit into a very small space, and you don't want to have to require scrollbars. So if you were to make a change to the gadget, the recommended way to handle multiple measures would be to change it from a single-bar to a multi-bar graph, so that each measure series passed would be a different data series on the same bar.

But of course, it's based on WebFOCUS so you can do anything the customer wants!

Of note, the graph meas_bkout_gph01 is also used in the measure breakout report and the measure breakout dashboard drilldown.

many thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!