Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Error while strategy tab

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Error while strategy tab
 Login/Join

posted
When clicking on the tab "Strategy", the following error message is displayed : "A problem was encountered while loading the strategy map. Please refresh and try again" However, when we refresh the page , the same message appears again.

Also when we click on Perspectives in strategy map page, we get a warning icon in the status bar . When we doubleclick on the warning icon, the following error message is displayed :

"
'Ref_Window.info_title' is null or not an object'
WFServlet Line : 994
Code :0 Char: 7
URI:"http://xxxxxx"

The environment has MS SQL server running for MRE and PMF datamart uses an Oracle database.
Your help in resolving this issue will be greatly appeciated.

Thanks,

Master
posted Hide Post
What version of PMF are you using?
What browser & version are you running? WebFOCUS version?

Have you installed an SVG plug-in for viewing the strategy map? Normally PMF detects if you do not have the plug-in installed, but the answer on the browser/version will help narrow that down.

You can download the plug-in by following the link in your default Author tab page display. A link to download the plug-in is provided.

I don't know what you mean by "The environment has MS SQL server running for MRE". Is this how where getting reports from for other MRE functions? Is this how you have MR security set up?

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Installed version of PMF : 5.1.2
IE version :7.0.5730.13
WebFOUS :7.6.8

This is how MRE is set up (I mentioned it just as additional info.) -
MRE repository is in SQL Server Database.
PMF Datamart is in Oracle.

I installed the Adobe SVG viewer in my laptop and re-booted. Still the error message appears.

Thanks,

Raghu Raveendranath

Master
posted Hide Post
OK... we don't see this issue very often but if you

• Are a new PMF install, either because you're a brand-new site or are installing PMF on a brand-new web environment
  • Are using IIS as your web server

Note that IIS does not pre-configure SVG as a valid mime-type. I won't go into why Microsoft doesn't do this, we can only guess (but note that SVG is an open standard so that might be a hint).

You need to configure the MIME-TYPE table for IIS and specify for
file type: SVG
mime string: text/svg+xml

I know some websites say SVG is a graphics format, and recommend you use image/svg+xml, but don't use that. SVG is a text format (XML under the covers) and in our case contains JavaScript that allows for cool automation - the draggability etc that you guys like to see - so make sure it's text/, not image/.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!