WebFOCUS BUE
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS 8.2 BUE Community    Variable in master file name, how to pass to BUE report
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Variable in master file name, how to pass to BUE report
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,

I have used WebFOCUS for a few years using Dev Studio up until last 6 months then App Studio and have now moved to a company using Business User Edition.

I have a master file that has a VARIABLE for the table name in it as there a number of tables in the same format but in separate tables, so report can run using one master file so long as I can pass the variable to the report at run time.

So I want to build a report in InfoAssist+ based on this master file but I want to pass what the VARIABLE for the table name is before I run the report so that the job will run on the appropriate version of the master file.

I don't see an option for me to create a html page so that I can give users the option to choose the VARIABLE they need to pass (a few different static values) to the report so that the report runs on the correct master file.

Sorry if this is a silly question but hopefully makes sense.

Regards

WF 8201, Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014, HTML, PDF, Excel, Powerpoint, Active Report

Posts: 24 | Location: All over Europe | Registered: October 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Otto, this can be done if you have the ability to issue the following SET command in your procedure, e.g., -SET &&tablename = MYTABLENAME. Since BUE doesn't allow you to Edit procedures using the text editor, I am working on a way to allow you to do this using IA+. Please stand by.

Regards,
Richard Sitt

Posts: 14 | Location: Corporate | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Richard, thanks for the info.

Regards

WF 8201, Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014, HTML, PDF, Excel, Powerpoint, Active Report

Posts: 24 | Location: All over Europe | Registered: October 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post