Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Rules, Regulations, and FAQs    HTML tags within messages

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTML tags within messages
 Login/Join

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
We cannot post a message that contains certain html tags. This I find annoying since we are working in the wild world of the web.

But, if that's the way - OK, I'll accept it.

We hit the back button after getting the html tag message, correct the message and then hit post, we get this even more annoying message:

Sorry, we can not process your request. The board administrator has enabled flood protection for this function. You must wait at least 60 seconds before trying this request again.

Note: Using your back button to return to the previous page may cause the data you were attempting to submit to be lost. Instead, you should use your browser's reload button when the time period has elapsed.

We've only posted the message once, the first time it was rejected - can't we do anything about this?

Even better can't we allow the text entry of HTML tags? Isn't there an HTML tag that "neutralizes" HTML tags within it, perhaps this could be wrapped around our messages?

Thanks,

Pietro.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
OK, so I jumped the gun a bit.
If we wrap the piece of our message that contains html code with<
[/code]we CAN embedd html code in our
messages. Unfortunately, this brings us to
another gripe I have:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/...701067331#9701067331

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pietro De Santis:
[qb] OK, so I jumped the gun a bit.

If we wrap the piece of our message that contains html code with

<html><br />...<br /></html>
we CAN embedd html code in our messages.

Unfortunately, this brings us to another gripe I have:

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/...701067331#9701067331 [/qb]
Hi, Pietro,

If you reply with the "Reply with Quote" feature then the line breaks are maintained within the code block in the reply. Does this do what you need? Or is your complaint that cutting and pasting from Focal Point to something else (like maybe a Text Editor) does not maintain the line breaks?

Because if you are trying to copy and paste the code block from Focal Point to some other app, then you can work around it the same way. View the post with the code and then click on the quotes to "Reply with Quote" - then when the "Add Reply" window is open, you can cut and paste the code block from this reply window into any app you like and the line breaks are maintained.

One extra step, but hey, UBB isn't the most advanced software on the planet...

Let me know if this does what you want.

-CB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: March 07, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Chris,

The Reply with quote suggestion is great.

Thank you,

Pietro.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
it works fine if we just surround our html code with the {CODE] and {/CODE]
i can't put the actual leftbracket in here...or else the board will try to do something with it,

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post