Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Rules, Regulations, and FAQs    Inadvertent polls
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Inadvertent polls
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
It seems to me there are more polls being posted lately. I think they are inadvertent - I'm not even sure how to post one.

Could it be a bug? No, it's the "Post a Poll" button. People are inadvertently using the "Post a Poll" button instead of the "New Topic" button, oh well...

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Maryellen>
posted
Just noticed that too, Francis.

Seems they are being created by the same user so I will send a private message outlining the differences between new topics and posting polls.

Thanks.

Maryellen

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i think its the language.
"POST" is a recognizable word when english isn't your native language.
"NEW TOPIC" might not be quite so.
ME, can you just nuke the POLL option? as you can see, none of us is using it. Its just not relevant for us fp'ers.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Maryellen>
posted
Agreed.

I just removed the feature -- if anyone would like to post a poll during the future, I can always enable it for a limited time.

Thanks! And, have a great weekend!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post