Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Rate Topic?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
The rate topic link at the top of each topic just shows a menu of 5 radio buttons, with nothing next to them. Is this still a feature in progress?

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
<Maryellen>
posted
Hi Nicola -- Next to each of the radio buttons there should be a series of "check marks". If you have already rated a topic, then the check marks will disappear (and the radio buttons will remain).

Please do me a favor and open a topic you haven't reviewed or rated and let me know if the check marks return.

Thanks!

Maryellen

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I have not rated any topics. The radio buttons are in a dark blue background (same as the toolbar). Maybe any text or checkmarks dissappear into the background?
I am rating this topic with the button at the top. How did I rate it (high or low)?

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

<Maryellen>
posted
Thanks for the update, Nicola.

We're researching the issue. I've checked a few machines around here and people can see the check marks. FYI...when you do see them the more checks you select reveals how much you like the topic (5 = best...1 = least). The button at the top, would be the best or represent five check marks.

I'll keep you posted.

Maryellen

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I also noticed on my desktop machine that all forums/topics have a yellow icon next to them, even if they haven't been updated since I came in last (on that machine). On another machine, the ones that are unchanged have a white icon. (Like in the old forum software). I also miss the little arrow at the top of the topic that went directly to the new material.

However, the check boxes still don't show up even on that second machine. I tried a third machine, and the check boxes are there. I changed the background color of the desktop on the second machine from blue to black, and the check marks showed up!

<Maryellen>
posted
Hi Nicola -- Just a quick update. I'm still researching the check box issue and have opened a case for the white versus yellow icons indicating new content within a forum. There used to be an option for members to refresh their settings so that everything would change over to one color -- it may be a matter of deleting cookies, etc. but I want to make sure first (I'll keep you posted).

Regarding the arrow indicating new material, if you select "Find" from the toolbar above and select, "New Since Your Last Visit" this will generate a list of all the new topics and replies. Or, you can select the option "Today's Active Topics."

Thanks.

Maryellen

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Maryellen-
Thanks for the "Find" option. However, it "found" 324 items, when I was only in here about 1 hour ago (on the same machine). It should have found probably less than 20 items in all forums.
Also "search in the same forum" checkbox, searched all 4 forums anyway.
Maybe it works from the last time you clicked "New since last visit"?

<Maryellen>
posted
Hi Nicola -- Regarding the unread items, please try removing the cookies throughout the forums. Visit, https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/cookies and select option number two (delete all cookies for this domain).

Let me know if this works when you select the "New Since Your Last Visit".

Thanks!

Maryellen

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
No, it doesn't. I clicked the link to delete the cookies. Then I tried it, still got many items. Then I logged out, and logged back in, and got 269 items. I then went out without logging out, and came back and got 267 items. Frowner

Expert
posted Hide Post
Dear Go-to-Gal,
what actually does 'rate a topic' do?
i found a superb topic and rated it 5* and nothing seems to have appeared anywhere?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Maryellen>
posted
Hiya! I've added the rating column to this forum to give you a preview of what it could look like on the other forums. Let me know if you like it and if so, I can add the column to each of the forums.

This is where you can view how other people have rated the topics (mouse over the checkmarks in the column to see what the topic rating is and how many people voted).

Maryellen

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
hmmm.
i see.
thanks for doing that. i'm not sure what i think of it. it does take up alot of realestate on the page. it comes as a 'canned' feature, right? i would have envisioned a single character, an icon of sorts:a star, a thumbs up, .... sort of thing. See what other folks think.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post