Focal Point
Another Suggestion: Style in tags [CODE]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7081057331/m/9401081841

January 11, 2006, 07:16 AM
rubenibi
Another Suggestion: Style in tags [CODE]
Hi, this time my suggestion is if there's some way when we put some Focus or Htmls or Javascript code, that this code when the post shows, that was in several colors, depending if there's a string, a reserved word... things like this colored.

This way, in the post where [code] tags where, it would be easy to differience between the post itself and the code, moreover, the code would be nice to eyes with colors to differience the parts in the report, like Ultraedit style.

Sorry by the english Wink

Regards

Web: http://www.eruben.biz

Prod: WF 5.3.4 @ Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 (Taroon Update 6) w/Oracle 9i
Test: WF 5.3.3 @ SUN Solaris 7 w/Oracle 8i
January 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
<Maryellen>
Hi Ruben - Color coding text within a post can be done as follows:

I'm wondering though, if your question is more about making color coded FOCUS, HTML, JAVAscript, etc. standard throughout Focal Point. So for example, whenever code is included in a message it is (automatically or manually) changed to a (specific or user's choice) color.

Sounds like a good idea.

Focal Point Members --- What do you think?

Maryellen
January 13, 2006, 05:22 AM
rubenibi
quote:
Originally posted by Maryellen:
Hi Ruben - Color coding text within a post can be done as follows:

• Select the text
  • Select the second icon above - painter's palette
  • Select the appropriate color
  • Paste the text into the text box beside the selected color

I'm wondering though, if your question is more about making color coded FOCUS, HTML, JAVAscript, etc. standard throughout Focal Point. So for example, whenever code is included in a message it is (automatically or manually) changed to a (specific or user's choice) color.

Sounds like a good idea.

Focal Point Members --- What do you think?

Maryellen

Yes, I was talking about that, predefinied styled colors, one for Javascript, other for HTML, and other for FOCUS.

What I was saying is, that the code we write, when we post it, forum auto-color what is on the CODE tags depending of the code written.

I would like also hear opinions for the rest of the Focal Point Members Smiler

Web: http://www.eruben.biz

Prod: WF 5.3.4 @ Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 (Taroon Update 6) w/Oracle 9i
Test: WF 5.3.3 @ SUN Solaris 7 w/Oracle 8i
January 13, 2006, 02:28 PM
Francis Mariani
This would be a great idea.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server