Welcome to the Information Builders Community Forum - where developers help developers!
You are invited to share your ideas with other developers. To begin, simply select your category of interest.
PLEASE NOTE, messages which are considered inappropriate, offensive, or harassing in nature will be removed immediately. Advertisements and/or solicitations are also not permitted.
While the forums are hosted by Information Builders, this is not an official support channel. Rather, the objective is to share ideas, tips, techniques, etc. within the developer community.
To report serious product issues or a production down problem, please contact Tech Support . If you are a North American customer, you may call 1-800-736-6130 for support issues. If you are an international customer, contact your local office . Alternatively, you can open a case via InfoResponse Online. For issues or comments regarding the site please contact us with your feedback .
Focal Point should not be regarded as an official or formal support channel, and as such, Information Builders, Inc. is not liable for any damages or losses whatsoever, whether or not attributed to the content on these forum or the use of any materials and information in the forum, whether or not posted on the forum by Information Builders, Inc. or by unaffiliated third parties.
In no event will Information Builders, Inc. be liable to any party for any reason whatsoever, whether in contract or tort, for any form of punitive, indirect, special, consequential, or incidental loss, damage, or expense (including, but not limited to, loss due to inability to obtain data, loss of business, or loss of anticipated profits) in connection with or arising out of the furnishing, functioning, or use of any information/materials of the above-referenced forum web site, even if Information Builders, Inc. has been advised of the possibility thereof.
Information Builders, Inc. does not monitor or track the accuracy of the statements posted on this Web site forum and therefore, is not responsible for any errors, typos or other information and materials that others have the ability to post on this Web site forum. Information Builders, Inc. does not moderate the forum and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the statements posted on the Web site forum.
Information Builders, Inc. is not responsible for any messages or postings whatsoever. Any offensive or disparaging postings/messages, which refer to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender or other inappropriate matters are not acceptable on this Web site forum and will be removed. Any comments of an inappropriate nature will be deemed as a request to be removed from the Web site forum and the person(s) responsible for posting such material will lose all associated Web site forum privileges.
If you have any questions regarding the rules of this message board, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
*** A Quick Start-up Guide to Focal Point ***
1) Power Buttons: There are several standard buttons that are available on the forum pages. All of these buttons are front and center to handle the most common functions you will more than likely wish to perform:
a) Go: This is a button which allows movement throughout the entire site
b) New: Use this button to create new content in the forums such as discussions and polls. The private message option is also available via this button.
c) Search: All forum content can be searched using the “search” button. The advance search link offers more refined searching options.
d) Notify: Available on pages which can be subscribed to via notifications, click on this button to add a subscription for a forum or topic.
e) Reply: On topic pages, this is the button to use to add a reply or comment.
2) Personal Zone: Each member has a designated area called "Personal Zone" where you can manage your profile, set preferences, customize notifications, manage private messages and buddies, and view the groups you belong to. All member display names are hyperlinked to their Personal Zone pages.
3) Online Now: See who is currently visiting Focal Point. At the bottom of the forum pages, there is a running log of visitors (albeit, not all visitors since there is limited space to display all names). If you prefer to remain invisible, so that your actual name does not appear in the Online Now lists, visit your Personal Zone and update the Preferences.
4) Views: Now you can see how many times members have read/viewed your topics.
5) Report a Private Message: Although private messages are considered private between the participating users, a user may elect to report a private message to the community administrators for whatever reason. This is the only way for an administrator, who is not actually invited to participate in a private message, to view it.
6) Link to the IB - Developer Center: Now there is a direct link to the Information Builders Developer Center page, located at the top left of each page.
7) Rate a Topic: Let us know what you think about a specific topic. This rating system will help us better identify topics of interest so we can develop campaigns, etc. For example, after reviewing contributions throughout the site we often invite members to write articles for the Focus on Developers page. Soon we'll be hosting live chat sessions and will be relying upon your input and rating systems to schedule the topics you want to discuss.
*** Forum Best Practice Tips for Everyone to Remember ***
Below are some helpful tips to help you get the most from Focal Point:
BEFORE POSTING A MESSAGE, take a couple seconds to see if your question has already been answered in a previous post. Select the "Search" link at the top of the page, enter a few keywords, and voila -- you should see a list of relevant topics. If not, then by all means start a new topic.
EDIT YOUR POST, DON'T POST A NEW ONE when you made a typo or a mistake in your original post. Simply edit the original post instead of creating a duplicate - which takes up valuable space on the board.
WHEN POSTING HTML CODETEXT, type the words [ code ] and [ /code ] before and after your code text. This way the HTML text can be displayed correctly.
DELETE YOUR POST if you changed your mind and you don't want to post that particular question/issue. If you're having second thoughts about a post, follow the steps to edit your post. At the bottom of the page there is a "Delete Message" link. Select this link, but note: if a post is the first post in the topic, deleting this post will result in the deletion of the entire topic. Also, if you found the answer to the question, please post it. Another user can benefit from your knowledge.
WHEN DISCUSSING AND/OR REFERRING SOMEONE TO INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IB DOCUMENTATION, please avoid posting the URL to the documentation file. Instead, refer people to the topic name in the "___ chapter in the ___ manual", for example. Or, if you prefer, you can provide the DN (document number).
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE to indicate the WebFOCUS versions you're currently using in development, testing and/or production environment. Since the signature line is an easy place to glance at when reading and replying to other posts, this should help to increase the rate at which solutions are provided. Of course, feel free to keep your existing signatures or add any other relevant information. The following is an example to model:
Prod: WebFOCUS 5.2.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 7.1 on Win 2K/IIS 6/Weblogic 8.1/Servlet Mode
PLEASE SAY THANKS if you created a new topic and received an answer/solution, kindly thank the person who supplied it (or acknowledge that the issue has been resolved).
PLEASE KINDLY PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFO when asked, e.g. code, examples, master descriptions, etc. so that the experts can assist and/or direct in a timely manner.
Thank you for adding me to the community.
Apps Studio 184.108.40.206
Thank you for adding me to the community.
|Powered by Social Strata|