Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Passing 2 Parameters in a Drill Down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Passing 2 Parameters in a Drill Down
 Login/Join

posted
I'm still in the testing phase of webFOCUS and have a question about passing 2 different parameters from the parent report into the child report.

I have two parameters that the user can choose in the parent report:
Exclude Do Not Mail?: Yes / No (drop down)
Include Active Alumni Only?: Yes / No (drop down)

When I click on the column options for the drill down (COUNTRY TOTAL), I am trying to pass COUNTRY (this field passes & is not a parameter that the user can choose from a drop down), DO NOT MAIL, and ACTIVE ALUMNI. Here is part of the code:

WHERE J4.USF_AA_DN_DT.DNM EQ '&DNM.({No,_FOC_NULL},{Yes,N}).Exclude Do Not Mail.';
WHERE J3.USF_AA_GIFT_SUMS.ACTIVE_ALUMNI EQ '&ACTIVE_ALUMNI.({No,_FOC_NULL},{Active,Y},{Inactive,N}).Active Alumni.';

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET EXPANDABLE ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N4,
TARGET='iframe1',
FOCEXEC=app/alumni_by_geo_state_1( \
COUNTRY=N3 \
DNM='&DNM' \
ACTIVE_ALUMNI='&ACTIVE_ALUMNI' \

For DNM and ACTIVE_ALUMNI, I chose 'Parameter Value: Constant Value' in the Drill Down Parameter (I'm unable to save it as 'Parameter Value: Variable').

Should I be including some code in the child report (alumni_by_geo_state_1)?

HELP!! Frowner

EDIT: I replaced the <> with {} since it was making some of the code disappear. The reason why I didn't use [ code ] [ / code ] was so I can still BOLD the two parameters I want to pass.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aimee,

7702, WinXP
Excel, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
If the fex alumni_by_geo_state_1 has this data, and the drill down requires the filtered data, then yes.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeeze, I thought I did have it in the child report, but when I checked the Text View, I didn't indicate the &DNM and &ACTIVE_ALUMNI Roll Eyes

THANK YOU WAZ! I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd report you've helped me get through!
** Gold Star **

7702, WinXP
Excel, HTML