Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED]Limiting Master Files displayed by the tools (8.105)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED]Limiting Master Files displayed by the tools (8.105)
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I'm trying to limit the display of master files, when a user creates a report using InfoAssist. I've seen the documentation, I've had our admin create the little file with the WHERE statement, I've tested it on my console per the documentation. Then, I put it into my group profile, and nothing happens. It still displays the files I don't want.

The documentation states that you can put it into edasprof.prf or site.wfs, and does not explicitly state that you can put it into a group profile, but since group profiles override edasprof, I figured it would work.

Here's what I did:

I set up a fex that says

WHERE NOT REMARKS LIKE '&No user access%';

My admin guy saved that as c:\wfexcludes\excludefiles.fex

I tried this and it worked:

SQL FMI SET FILECASE UPPER
TABLE FILE SYSTABLE
PRINT NAME REMARKS
-INCLUDE c:\wfexcludes\excludefiles.fex
END

So, in the group profile I put

-SET &&IBI_IF_FILE='c:\wfexcludes\excludefiles.fex';

just like the documentation said. No dice.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

During some research on your issue I found another situation where the customer had the filter
incorrectly specified based on the HOLD file.

The WHERE was using equal to the HOLD and it should be not equal to the HOLD file to restrict the masters within InfoAssist.

The logic to build the HOLD file needed to be reversed. This way when a new
file is created, it will be allowed instead of restricted.

Here is a link that may also be helpful:
Limiting file display in InfoAssist with &&IBI_IF_FILE

Let us know if this helps you out.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator - Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tamra,

Thanks for your response, but I know my filter is working, because I tested it per the document you are referring to. My question is "will this work in a group profile" instead of putting it in edasprof or site.wfs. I only want the restriction to apply for a certain group of users.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello Mike,

This should definitely work for a Group Profile. You may want to check which profiles are being executed for a given user to ensure that your profiles are being properly read:

https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/30293550.html

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm off base here... but the Reporting server lets you define what Applications/Files a group can List / Read / Write etc... Why not use this approach? From the way I believe it should work as of 8.0.09 is that any group you create in the client will be in the Reporting Server. Why use a 7.7.03 technique when there is probably a better, less confusing way to do it in 8.1.05?

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Also check the group profile for whether it is set to inherit or overwrite the edasprof. I think there are 4 choices...

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Emily McAllister:
Hello Mike,

This should definitely work for a Group Profile. You may want to check which profiles are being executed for a given user to ensure that your profiles are being properly read:

https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/30293550.html

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Hi, thanks. I know the profile is getting executed, because sets the APP PATH for that group, and that is working. I also tried to add this to my server profile, and that didn't work either, so I just opened a case.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux