Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Complex Drill Down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Complex Drill Down
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have A Parent file linking several fields:

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N5,
DRILLMENUITEM='MAIN',
FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/BI_Development/~nspyrison/Rent_Trends/MAIN_2_Detail.fex( \
Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal=N1 \
Property_Market=N2 \
Property_Property=N3 \
Property_Property_Status=N4 \
Date_Calendar_Month=A2 \
),
TARGET='_blank',
$[/CODE]

Drilling Down to a child:

-DEFAULTH &Property_Property_Status = '_FOC_NULL'
-DEFAULTH &Property_Property = '_FOC_NULL'
-DEFAULTH &Property_Market = '_FOC_NULL'
-DEFAULTH &FIELDTYPE = '_FOC_NULL'
-DEFAULTH &DISBY = '_FOC_NULL'
-DEFAULTH &Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal = '_FOC_NULL'
-DEFAULTH &Date_Calendar_Month = '_FOC_NULL'
TABLE FILE RENT_TRENDS
SUM
     Lease_Begin
BY  Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal
BY  LOWEST Property_Market
BY  LOWEST Property_Property
BY  Property_Property_Status
BY  LOWEST Date_Calendar_Month
HEADING
"MAIN_ Drill Down Detail"
" "
WHERE Date_Pay_Calendar_Year EQ '2015';
WHERE Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal EQ '&Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal.Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal:.';
WHERE Property_Market EQ '&Property_Market.Property_Market:.';
WHERE Property_Property EQ '&Property_Property.Property_Property:.';
WHERE Property_Property_Status EQ '&Property_Property_Status.Property_Property_Status:.';
WHERE Date_Calendar_Month EQ '&Date_Calendar_Month.Date_Calendar_Month:.'; 

When I click the drill down link. I receive an error:
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 38 IN PROCEDURE main_2_detail
(FOC015) THE TEST VALUE IS LONGER THAN THE FIELD FORMAT LENGTH: Aug 2015&\R=
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0

Line 38 is WHERE Date_Calendar_Month...

The parameters should yield records and the child, main_2_detail, works when run on its own.

Any suggestions??

Thanks for your time!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

_____
WF 8.1.04
Win 7// Windows Server 2012 R2
SASS OLAP Cube

Master
posted Hide Post
you might want to add .QUOTEDSTRING to your drills. Since there is a space between Aug and 2015

Date_Calendar_Month=A2.QUOTEDSTRING

...and why 'A2'... does that work at all?

Greets,dave

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Can you share field format of A2 in parent fex and Date_Calendar_Month in drill fex along with few sample values for both.

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ram,

I don't understand what you're saying.

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Dave-

When I can A2.QUOTEDSTRING after I enter the gui, it removes it to Date_Calendar_Month= \
If this were the issue I would have to do this to Property_Property as well.

I assume A2 is referring to Sort across filed 2, I couldn't get it working as a Sort down either.

Ram-

In both the Parent and Child files Date_Calendar_Month is A8.
Examples 'Aug 2015' 'Sep 2015' 'Oct 2015'

_____
WF 8.1.04
SASS OLAP Cube

Expert
posted Hide Post
Nicholas,

Before I suggest that you raise a case with tech support on this, could you share the verb and sort objects (e.g. SUM/PRINT and BY/ACROSS).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE RENT_TRENDS
SUM
Lease_Begin
Rent_Growth_Effective___Var/D16.4%
BY LOWEST Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal
BY Property_Market
BY Property_Property
BY Property_Property_Status
ACROSS LOWEST Date_YYYYMM NOPRINT
ACROSS LOWEST Date_Calendar_Month

_____
WF 8.1.04
SASS OLAP Cube

Expert
posted Hide Post
If I try and recreate your issue using one of the sample data sources (always best so that we all have the same example!), then it works OK.

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
  Date_YYYYMM/I6YYM        = DATE;
  Date_Calendar_Month/A8   = LCWORD(8, CHGDAT('YYMD', 'MTYY', DATECVT(DATE, 'I8YYMD', 'A8YYMD'), 'A8'), 'A8');
  YEAR/YY                  = DATE;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
  SUM DOLLARS
      BUDDOLLARS
   BY REGION
   BY ST
   BY CATEGORY
   BY PRODUCT
ACROSS Date_YYYYMM NOPRINT
ACROSS Date_Calendar_Month
WHERE YEAR EQ 1996
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA,
 COLUMN=N5,
 DRILLMENUITEM='MAIN',
 FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/BI_Development/~nspyrison/Rent_Trends/MAIN_2_Detail.fex( \
 Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal=N1 \
 Property_Market=N2 \
 Property_Property=N3 \
 Property_Property_Status=N4 \
 Date_Calendar_Month=A2 \
 ),
 TARGET='_blank',
$
ENDSTYLE
END

The drilldown link issues this url
http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&&IBIMR_drill=IBFS,RUNFEX,IBIF_ex,true&IBIF_ex=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/BI_Development/%7Enspyrison/Rent_Trends/MAIN_2_Detail.fex&Lease_New_Lease_Or_Renewal=Midwest&Property_Market=IL&Property_Property=Coffee&Property_Property_Status=Espresso&Date_Calendar_Month=Jan 1996
The value for &Date_Calendar_Month looks perfectly OK and if I view source of the HTML output the href within the anchor tag (<A> ) is well formed.

So I would suggest that it is something that is occurring only within your precise situation and I would recommend that ou raise a case with Tech Support so that they can work with you to resolve your issue.

T

BTW, if you want to reduce the code required to put a drilldown on each column of your first aggregated column, then, using my example above, change the first couple of lines within the style code to
TYPE=DATA,
 COLUMN=DOLLARS(*),

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Looking back at your original error message
(FOC015) THE TEST VALUE IS LONGER THAN THE FIELD FORMAT LENGTH: Aug 2015&\R=

I would guess that there is something in the code that you are running that you haven't shared here.

The Date_Calendar_Month variable is the last one passed but you have something else in that part of the URL - I'm guessing that it's an attempt at adding a random number (to stop a cached report being shown) that is incorrect.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986