Focal Point
[resolved] Maintain JSGrid not loading for some users

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1017076526

October 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
jjoyce
[resolved] Maintain JSGrid not loading for some users
This seems to be browser related since the Maintain form with grid works just fine on both my PCs (and servers) but gives an error for some users. I checked some of the ActiveX settings in their browser, as well as IE version, and there were no red flags there so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas?

The user if filling out a standard webfocus prompt form and when they hit run, it opens a new page and displays a very basic Maintain form with a JSGrid where they can enter data. When these two users run it, instead of the grid they get an empty screen with an X like what is shown for a broken image link.

One of the users gets a "Copy Error" message box:
"An error occurred while copying file [1]ax_ug[1].ocx. Cannot copy file to destination directory. Click Retry to retry the operation or click Cancel to"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jjoyce,

WebFOCUS 7.7.2
Win2003
Excel, HTML, PDF
October 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
jjoyce
Looks like I have actually solved this myself.

It was a combonation of windows permissions and browser settings I think. The browser were set to allow install of activeX controls, and I changed this to prompt for install. The user also did not have admin priviledges on the PC which I think prevented the control from actually installing. I changed her to a local admin and when the page was reloaded, it prompted for install of the control and installed correctly. Its strange to me though that she was able to load the Maintain JSGrid just fine on other forms that we have without issue prior to this. *shrug*

WebFOCUS 7.7.2
Win2003
Excel, HTML, PDF