Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] no drilldown on an individual cell...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] no drilldown on an individual cell...
 Login/Join

<msam>
posted
In FML report, on a particular column, I need to perform drilldown on all the cells of that column, except on one cell. How can I achieve it?
Is their a way I can say that perform drilldown on all the values of a column except on a particular label

In the below line, it performs drilldown on a particular cell
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=ABC, LABEL=ST, JAVASCRIPT=drillDown(......), WHEN ABC GT 0, $

Similarly, is their a way to say LABEL not equal to ST, such that the drilldown is not performed on that label, and is performed on all the remaining cells...

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In general, when conditional styling (which includes drill-down reports) is based on composite criteria, it is usually advisable to create an additional field (NOPRINT) to evaluate for the conditions you need and use that one field to base your conditional styling on. Although I use this technique particularly on matrix reports, I don't see why it could not be used with FML.

TABLE FILE blah
SUM blah
COMPUTE DRILL_IND/A1 = IF (ABC GT 0) AND (LABEL NE 'ST') THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N'; NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=ABC, JAVASCRIPT=drillDown(......), WHEN=DRILL_IND EQ 'Y', $
END

In the DRILL_IND field definition, I presume you would replace LABEL by a reference to your FOR field.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

<msam>
posted
Thanks for the quick response. I tried it before itself... but the keyword 'NE' for the label is not recognised

COMPUTE DRILL_IND/A1 = IF (ABC GT 0) AND (LABEL NE 'ST') THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N'; NOPRINT

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can specify a LABEL in the WHEN clause.

This may help - you must mention the FOR column in a NOPRINT for the WHEN in the stylesheet line to work:

-* File fml01.fex

SET NODATA=0

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
RETAIL_COST AS 'Retail'
DEALER_COST AS 'Dealer'
BODYTYPE NOPRINT

BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

FOR BODYTYPE
'CONVERTIBLE'       AS 'Convertible'  LABEL R1 OVER
'COUPE'             AS 'Coupe'        LABEL R2 OVER
'HARDTOP'           AS 'Hardtop'      LABEL R3 OVER
'ROADSTER'          AS 'Roadster'     LABEL R4 OVER
'SEDAN'             AS 'Sedan'        LABEL R5 OVER
'SUV'               AS 'Suv'          LABEL R6 OVER
'VAN'               AS 'Van'          LABEL R7 OVER

RECAP R_TOTAL = R1 + R2 + R3 + R4+ R5 + R6 + R7; AS 'Total'

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, WHEN=BODYTYPE NE 'HARDTOP', $
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think this is the only way to use labels and control where a drill-down occurs:

-* File fml01.fex

SET NODATA=0

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
RETAIL_COST AS 'Retail'
DEALER_COST AS 'Dealer'
BODYTYPE NOPRINT

BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

FOR BODYTYPE

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, LABEL=R1, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, LABEL=R2, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, LABEL=R3, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, LABEL=R4, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, LABEL=R6, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, LABEL=R7, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, $
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the DRILL_IND field definition, I presume you would replace LABEL by a reference to your FOR field.

msam, it didn't seem like you took this statement into consideration. In the COMPUTE line, you must use the name of your FOR field (in addition to ABC) in order to determine whether or not a drill-down link is to be produced.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mixing Francis' example with the technique I described to implement composite WHEN criteria, this is what you could probably do in order to have a drill-down on *any* vehicle whose dealer cost is greater than 0, except for sedans which should never have a drill-down regardless of cost.

SET NODATA=0

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
RETAIL_COST AS 'Retail'
DEALER_COST AS 'Dealer'
BODYTYPE NOPRINT
COMPUTE DRILL_IND/A1 = IF DEALER_COST GT 0 AND BODYTYPE NE 'SEDAN' THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N'; NOPRINT

BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

FOR BODYTYPE

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DEALER_COST, FOCEXEC=DUMMY, WHEN=DRILL_IND EQ 'Y', $
END

Is that similar to what you needed?

<msam>
posted
Thanks... this is what I needed.

Report This Post