Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     7.6.4 - chaining and populating multi select list boxes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.6.4 - chaining and populating multi select list boxes
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is anyone haveing an issue with this? We have 3 list boxes that are each populated with their own specific fex. They are also chained. This works wonderfully under 7.6.1, but under 7.6.4 the same code doesn't populate the 2nd and 3rd box in the chain. If I remove the chaining the list boxes get populated. Of course we need to have the chaining.

any suggestions?

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Haven't done much chaining, but the one test I have works. Of course in it I have only two fields chained to each other.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
i had the same problem when using this in the painter in 764, i gave up im afraid, i couldn't work out what was causing it but found that as soon as i chained two together they lost their data.

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Laure: Something I just learned about yesterday that may help though I haven't needed it myself, yet.
It worked for the person who passed it to me:
"there is a case out there where you have to go into the html and turn runtimecache to 0"

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
<Shane>
posted
Laure,

We were having an issue with a similar situation. When we right-clicked on an image and went to the properties, it was removing the MULTIPLE keyword from our listboxes. IBI said that it is a bug and will be fixed in a future release.

Also, we were having an issue with chaining list boxes that required a new ibirls2.js file hotfix from IBI. IBI also indicated that upgrading to 7.6.3 client (not server) would resolve the issue.

Shane

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As an interim you could set your HTML page to point at IBIRLS.js instead of IBIRLS2.js.

It has less functionality than the later version but is supplied to provide backward capability (I think) and therefore should function mostly?

It might be worth a try until you get a fix.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I've a few things to try, and I will, but it won't be for a few days. A more pressing task has interruptted this work. When\if I resolve this, I'll post again.

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We experiencing the same problem, it seems like it was working in 7.6.2 but with 7.6.4 the multi selection on chaining doesn't work and gives a javascript runtime error.

I tried solution suggested in post above and they didn't work:
1. turn runtimecache to 0
2. Also tried changing to IBIRLS.js instead of IBIRLS2.js.

Please keep sending your comments !!

Thanks,

-Yogesh Patel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WF 764 on Linux Apache tomcat v5.5
DEV: WF 768 on Linux

Posts: 42 | Location: Edison, New Jersey | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Found a bug in 7.6.4 - one of my teammate found the issue.

IN WF 764 - the SELECT tag for the chained parameter is set to Operation, it should have been Operation="OR"
- When we change operation to operation="OR" it fixes the issue and multi select in chain works.

-Yogesh Patel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WF 764 on Linux Apache tomcat v5.5
DEV: WF 768 on Linux

Posts: 42 | Location: Edison, New Jersey | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post