Focal Point
bursting compount pdf report

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1041066481

September 08, 2006, 02:39 PM
Bethany
bursting compount pdf report
I'm trying to burst a compound (total of 5 reports) pdf report. All 5 reports have ACCT_UNIT as the first BY field. In my dynamic address fex file, ACCT_UNIT is named VALUE. When I run the scheduled report, I get the following error message:

BTP1020 No burst value found in the report

Help. I'm using DevStudio 7.1.3

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server
September 08, 2006, 02:50 PM
N.Selph
Did you create the report using the new compound report syntax?:

COMPOUND LAYOUT
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, MERGE=OFF, etc,,,$
{etc}
END

SET COMPONENT=section1
{etc)

COMPOUND END

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
September 08, 2006, 02:59 PM
Bethany
On the first report, I have
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN

Then the next 3 have

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF

And the final has

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server
September 08, 2006, 03:47 PM
Prarie
On the next 3 put

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF NOBREAK

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
adding NOBREAK to the middle 3 didn't work.

I thought only the new compound report syntax supported bursting on PDF. (Coordinated Compound PDF Reports)

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
The OPEN and CLOSE syntax works to create compound reports in report painter. Well, actually, report painter won't open the report with the open and/or close commands, but if you add them in through the text editor once your done with painter, it works to create the compound report.

I am trying this again using the compound report constructor. I have 3 individual reports all in pdf output that I'm joining into a single compound report. When I run the compound report, I get a No HTML output! page (which has no error messages) but no pdf.

When I deal with compound reports I have to save the report to the apphold directory on the webfocus server then have reportcaster do the bursting, by picking up the file from the location.

Right before the TABLE I do a:

APP HOLD YOURAPPFOLDER

Not sure if this helps, but this is possibly an alternative solution.

Currenly working @ Learning Circle Education Services
Previously worked @ Nationwide Insurance
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.11