Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] WF8 RC Message

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] WF8 RC Message
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I feel like this should be a simple thing to do but i'm having the biggest problem. I have an RC job that gets bursted out to several people. The resulting report is set inline in the email and i'd like to put a message below it saying do not reply to this email.

I can't put the message in the actual fex because the same fex is being used to display in the dashboard. I vaguely remember being able to do this in WF7 but can't seem to figure it out in WF8. Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim P.,

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tim, there are several ways. One of them is to set a variable in ReportCaster process e.g. REPCAST = 1. Then at the top of the fex you can place:

-DEFAULTH &REPCAST=0; 

and then later on

SET &LABEL = -IF &REPCAST EQ 1 THEN 'Do not reply' ELSE ''; 

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Correct, I was just looking for a more fluid way to do it that didnt require creating extra variables. Not that much extra work but it would be handy to have it right in RC.

I know you can do it if the report is an attachment but the requirements were to have it set inline.

Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Check if it's being executed via Report Caster and add a footing line accordingly -
FOOTING
" "
-IF &DSTSCHEDID.EXISTS EQ 0 THEN GOTO :Label001;
"Please do not reply to this email"
-:Label001

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tony... nice!

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tony
If that variable actually exists thats awesome! Where did you find that variable? Is it just a boolean result? How does it work?

Windows 7, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a system variable and the result of the exists is Boolean - 1 or 0. It only exists when run via report caster. I've been using it for years.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ah ok so i should probably default it to FOC_NONE since it runs from both a dashboard and RC.

Thanks Tony, saved me some effort!

Windows 7, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
You do not need to default it because you are checking if it exists only, and to set it to FOC_NONE is negating the test for it existing.

To see what I mean, run this code and see no footing because it is not run via report caster. Then run it with the first line uncommented and you will see the footing even though you are not running it through report caster.

-*-DEFAULT &DSTSCHEDID = 'FOC_NONE'
TABLE FILE CAR
  SUM RCOST
      DCOST
   BY COUNTRY
   BY CAR
   BY MODEL
FOOTING
" "
-IF &DSTSCHEDID.EXISTS EQ 0 THEN GOTO :Label001;
"Please do not reply to this email"
-:Label001
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

T

In FOCUS
since 1986