Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Title / Subtitle Layout

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Title / Subtitle Layout
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Helllo,

I need to acheive TITLE / Subtitle Format in one of my reports.

For Eg:
Details ------------------Cost Details
Car Country ---------RetailCost Dealercost Sales

Here "Details" and "Cost Details" are main Titles.

Car and Country are Subtitles within Details.
RetailCost Dealercost and Sales are Subtitles within cost Details.

I need the grid between the main titles.

Could someone help me to implement this ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Whaaaa?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ramkumar, there is no such thing as TITLE / Subtitle in WebFOCUS.

The tool allows you to have a TITLE for each column and that's it.

What you ask to have (if I understood correctly) can *perhaps* be achieved via HEADING's but this would only work in HTML.

Just search this forum for posts on COLSPAN, HEADALIGN and External CSS (CLASS) styling. You should be able to get some ideas.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Rakumar,

For something quick and dirty (cuz that's how I roll) you could do the following:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM 
  RETAIL_COST AS 'Retail Cost<br/><nobr>Gouge the losers!</nobr>'
  SALES  AS 'Sales<br/><nobr>You call that sales?! My dog could sell better than that!!</nobr>'
BY COUNTRY AS 'Country<br/><nobr>What''s with that Spotted Di*k pudding in England?</nobr>'
BY CAR AS 'Car<br/><nobr>I can hardly wait for Chrysler to sell Fiats!!</nobr>'
END

This will prevent the second line of the title from wrapping. Or as an alternative you could use CSS and reference a class such as ".nobr" in the TYPE=TITLE of the WebFocus stylesheet if you want your code to validate properly.

.nobr {white-space: nowrap}

Best wishes,

Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You don't mean Total and Subtotal ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Thank you for your response.

@Waz - No. It is not total, Subtotal.

@Francis - Yeah. This is one of my Client's report requirment. We are migrating a Legacy application from Foxpro to Webfocus. So the report in the same layout.

@Norb : I need 3 and more Subtitles and Columns within every title.

@njsden : I am trying to implement using Heading and Colspan. But still, I wanted to know, whether there is some dirct way of doing this.

See the below image. Total sales, Margin are Titles.

*** / V.Pl / V.pl% are subitles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ramkumar - Webfous,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You might use 'Cumulative', 'V.Pl', and 'V.Pl%' as column titles, and then use Njsden's suggestion to span those columns with 'Total Sales' and 'Margin', either as SUBHEADs or HEADINGs.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If your output is PDF, you have a bigger problem.
I had to do that once. I placed the top level titles (TOTAL SALES etc) on the bottom line of the header with spot markers. Then to get the boxes around the titles I overlayed a transparent gif of the borders only.
This was tech support's solution to the problem. But it really wasn't that hard to draw
the gif.

Still, I hope you are not needing PDF.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan / Selph... Thank you for your replies.

@Dan, I have implemented the report that way. But the problem is with getting the Borders of the same sort.

@N.Selph, For now I am developing HTML and Excel. But I need to implement PDF also. Frowner . Could you please elaborate me more on the Overlayed GIF.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
To do the overlaid gif:
I measured my printed output carefully, after placing the wording on the bottom line of the heading exactly above the titles they needed to be.
I drew a picture of the borders in Windows Paint, and saved as a transparent gif file. I made this picture the right width and length to cover the header section of my report, and tried to draw the boxes in the right place.
Then placed this gif file in the Header section of the report at the top left.
I had to go back to Paint and adjust the lines over by a few pixels a couple times, because its hard to get the right placement even if you have measured carefully. It didn't take that long, though.
Alternatively, convince the client that they need something else, Music

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post