Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     'Windows Security' Popup Box Upon PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
'Windows Security' Popup Box Upon PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I am running the following code out of WFDS:
APP PREPENDPATH IBISAMP
-RUN
TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT *
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS TESTIT FORMAT EXL2K
END  

The next thing I see, after clicking run, is a popup window.

The popup window has 'Windows Security' in the title bar.

The heading of the window states: 'Connecting to '.

My lan user id appears in the first text box, and what I am guessing is my lan pw, appears masked in a second task box.

I click OK, and the box reappears, I click OK again, and the box reappears, I click OK a third time, and I see that WFServlet.xls starts to download. (I don't know what is meaningful about it taking three trys.)

This is happening to one of our users, who is running off of our web app, as well as me, who is running from WFDS, but noone else.

I've googled 'Windows Security' and found nothing that could help.

We have a case opened with IB, and they do not have any ideas.

If someone has any suggestions, we would be grateful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
Interesting....

Does it do it for all reports or just this one ?

Sounds like security is on on the webserver and you are not validated.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply, Waz.

quote:
Does it do it for all reports or just this one ?

This happens for:
1. only two users
2. any FORMAT EXL2K report run by the two users

quote:

Sounds like security is on on the webserver and you are not validated.

I will mention this to our infrastructure team, that is working with us on this.

I wonder why validation became an issue, 'all of a sudden', and for only two users.
Thanks again.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I suspect you're using Office 2010 or 2007?

This is due to Microsoft's "extension hardening". You can turn it off in the registry, which you'll possibly want to do on every Windows PC. For details, see:
http://www.itexperience.net/ex...-the-file-extension/

(Note, for Office 2010 the version directory to put the key in is 14.0, not 12.0).

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We had the same issue after going to Office 2010. See this post.

[URL=https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5087051016?r=5277042016#5277042016][/URL]

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, Active HTML

posted Hide Post
Are these 2 users using Windows 7 , are they running tomcat standalone?

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
We had the same issue after going to Office 2010. See this post.

Thank you so much Jeff!

Changing the compatibility mode of Excel to 'Windows Server 2003 (SP1)' was the solution. I no longer receive the 'Windows Security' popup.

Dave

http://forums.informationbuild...477073016#6477073016

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is good to know, as we may bo going to 2007/2010 office soon.

Good One

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Changing the compatibility mode of Excel to 'Windows Server 2003 (SP1)' was the solution. I no longer receive the 'Windows Security' popup.

Our site has a couple of issues with this solution:
  • Need to maintain special unique client configurations v. sitewide client standardization.
  • 'Going down' a release in Excel, cause other processes to break.

Given this, I thought I would reopen this thread to see if anyone has a possible workaround/solution at the server level?

We run WF on a Tomcat Stand-Alone configuration.