Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Question: How to Include a MR Procedure in a Reporting Server Procedure?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Question: How to Include a MR Procedure in a Reporting Server Procedure?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We do all of our coding in the Content Repository (previously known as Managed Reporting).

We have a new ReportCaster 'Preprocessing' procedure stored in an application folder on the Reporting Server.

I would now like that preprocessing procedure to -INCLUDE one of our procedures in Repository Content.

The procedure to be -INCLUDEd is small and sets amper variable based on system variables, and still I would prefer not to have two copies to maintain going forward.

I've looked at the BIP 8105 manual and see it shows how to -INCLUDE a reporting server procedure in a Managed Reporting Procedure, but not the other way around.

I feel that this might have been discussed in FP before, but the search facility is not showing me any likely suspects.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Master
posted Hide Post
You should be able to navigate to the file you want to include, right click it and select properties. Then where is shows Full Path, right click on the full path value and select copy.

Then you can just paste that value after the -INCLUDE.

In this case it would be:

-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Public/Procedure1.fex

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You cannot currently include a fex in the repository from a fex in the reporting server.

I would suggest creating a fex in the repository that calls your reporting server fex, and also have an include of your amper variable fex in it and have ReportCaster run that.

FYI

If a report existing on the reporting server is run, it only has access to fexes on the reporting server.

IF a report existing in the repository is run, it is scanned for all includes (and those scanned as well) and the fexes are "shipped" to the reporting server and then executed.

Not Recommended
If you have amster files set up for the repository, you can extract the fex. But this assumes that the fex does not have includes, otherwise you woul dhave to scan it and then pull those fexes as well.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hallway.

Yes, I did try the WebFOCUS IBFS path, but no dice.

It is, as if, the reporting server doesn't know about the IBFS.

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz.

Your comments make perfect sense.

The only code we have on the reporting server are when ReportCaster requires it, e.g., preprocessing procedures/distribution lists.

It will pretty unlikely that these fexes (fexi?) will need to include repository focexecs. In my current case, it wouldn't be a large issue to copy up the one fex.

Once again, many thanks.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
You cannot currently include a fex in the repository from a fex in the reporting server.

Ah-ha... I learned something new.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post