Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] 2 Part Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] 2 Part Question
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings all,

I've been assigned as a local admin over our Webfocus product, and I gotta say that i'm really enjoying what IBI has to offer.

I have a couple of questions that I can't find answers for.

1. I am looking for documentation that explains how to setup the Web Focus Client (located on server A) to communicate and launch fex's on the Webfocus Reporting Server (located on server B) which has connection to our DB2 database. Basically I can't get server a and server b to communicate correctly.

2. We had a strange error pop up when we attempted to run a fex, that we haden't seen before, and thought maybe we were making headway with our setup somehow: "Reporting server and JAVA client code mismatch. There is a code page mismatch between the reporting server EDASERVE and the JAVA Client."

If anyone can offer any suggestions or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael Dewitt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8.2.03, Windows 2012

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is full installation and config doc you can download from IBI. That being said, you might want to ask for 1/2 hour from your assigned IBI SE. It can be a bit confusing at first depending on trusted connections and allowed trusted connections etc. None of this is hard, but having an experienced hand walk you through it the first time can really help.

My guess on the second is you have a 64bit server but a 32bit JRE as your default Java on that server ... or vise versa. You might have noticed that the JSCOM3 service may not be started.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Michael

Welcome to Focal Point, it is a great forum to get answers to your development questions.

The techsupport site does have access to all the documentation under the technical content option.

The connection between the client and server is done via tcp/ip by default using ports 8120 and 8121. From the client administration console you can check your connection under the Reporting Servers / Server Connections / EDASERVE option

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you who have replied to my question. One thing that caught me off guard is the installations on my two servers. For the one installation, I thought I was installing the Webfocus Reporting server, and when I went to install the Webfocus Client on the second server, it was as if they are both identical. Can you tell me, is there a difference between the software used to install the server and the client? Even browsing in the web interface on both servers, they appear identical. Am I missing something?

8.2.03, Windows 2012

Expert
posted Hide Post
The install process should be different.

What OS are you installing on ?
Also what do you run for each of the installs ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Michael

They are two distinct sets of software that you download and install. The client has a different license key as well. On the download site you will see WebFOCUS Client and WebFOCUS/iWay Server and iWay client (Don't let that fool you it is not the WebFOCUS client)

PS I agree with dhagen you need to get your technical account manager (System Engineer) to walk you through your first set up, it isn't hard but you will benefit from watching it happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are installing this on Windows 2012. Server A is the test server we use to test fex's. Server B is production server that runs the webserver our clients and firms connect to, and Server C is the Reporting server that workstations D and E connect to with app studio for development.

8.2.03, Windows 2012

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response. I am in the process of getting my developers on-board and also finding who our technical account manager is.

Thanks Again!

8.2.03, Windows 2012