Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How can an image Map call fexes w/in MR?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How can an image Map call fexes w/in MR?
 Login/Join

<M_RIOS75>
posted
Background:
I am building an image map (located within MR available on Dashboard) of the U.S. Depending on which state they click on, will determine what state the report is run for.

I have the map working in that it calls the fex and runs the report, issue here is I can only get the report to run if the fex is located within the app path. I am using the following url structure for California:
href="http://server:8088/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIAPP_app=foldername&IBIF_ex=fexname&ampervalue=CA

I would like to contain the image map (launch page) and fex within MR for security reasons. Is there a different URL structure I can use to call a fex within MR to make this function?

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Marvin,

1) Add the fex to MRE
2) Publish the fex to create a launch HTML page
3) Open the HTML page in a text editor to see what parameters have been setup in the launch form
4) Use the same form parameters in your image map

Alternatively,

3) Run the fex from the published launch page and take note of the URL of the fex's window - this is the URL to use in your image map.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<M_RIOS75>
posted
I used the parms it generated at the end of the file and threw it into a URL. For some reason I could not run the HTML it generated but luckily I was able to throw the parms into a URL format WebFOCUS liked. It is now able to call the fex within MR.

Thanks Francis!

Report This Post
<M_RIOS75>
posted
Looking at this process I've noticed something that raises some concern. Using the URL that calls the fex within MR doesnt need to be authenticated. There is no prompting of credentials.. I can email this link to anyone on the network and they can run the report..

Is there a security setting I may be missing or is this truly an MR workaround?

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Marvin, can you update your signature so that we know what versions/platforms/products you're using?
Are you making your own image maps , in front page for ex, or are you using some other tool, and if so, which?
ARe you using wf 7n?.
Publish command in 7 gets VERY different results from publish command in prior versions, very developer-unfriendly.
I've written my own image maps and they work like any other drilldown. From w/in mre, there's just more stuff that has to go in the http string. But with the new publish command, its very hard (strike that..impossible) to figure out what that actually is.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi susannah and Marvin, the underlying complexity I believe susannah referred to is related to the Amper Auto-prompting facility default design which has undergone enhancements in Rel 71 and 76.
On the info related to being able to run the MR report without MR credentials this is expected behavior because the option to create the publish page outside the MR repository (writes the file to the /ibi_html/publish directory under the WF Client) adds an extra parameter to the URL. The specific parameter coded in the HTML publish page I'm referring to is
This security related topic has a life of its own but when Rel 764 is available be sure to review the NF and Upgrade Considerations documentation for information on new WF Client configuration parameters for functionality related to MR Auto Signon and running MR reports anonymously.
Back to the 'how to' question for coding a drill down to an MR report. The parameter that is needed on the URL is IBIMR_drill. IBIMR_drill tells WF client the request is a drill down. I wrote an article for the WebFOCUS Newsletter (Tech Summit 2007 Edition) explaining all the technical nitty gritty details with a well commented code example. The article title is 'Drilling Down to a MR report from a ReportCaster distributed report'. The information isn't specific to ReportCaster distributed reports. It covers what is needed to set the context of running an MR report as a drill down when connected or disconnected from the context of an WebFOCUS MR environment.
Link to the article on Information Builders Tech Support Advanced Search is:
http://www.informationbuilders.com/new/newsletter/7-4/06_Trommer.html
The link will not work until you logon to the Tech Support site. If you have difficulty using the link just use the Advanced Search option. Unselect all documents and then select just 'WebFOCUS Newsletter' and put in the title of the article ''Drilling Down to a MR report from a ReportCaster distributed report'.
Hope this helps.

Susan Trommer
Information Builders

posted Hide Post
Little glitch on my last post as I copied the actual HTML so it was lost. The parameter is:
IBIMR_drill=RUNNID'

Susan Trommer
Information Builders

<M_RIOS75>
posted
Thanks! Its cleared up a lot of confusion

Report This Post