Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     -SET in MVS-Batch-Jobs

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
-SET in MVS-Batch-Jobs
 Login/Join

<Stahl>
posted
Hi,
I'm using FOCUS 7.2.0S1 on a MVS-system and I want to supply some &&variables in a batch-job.
Unfortunately
-SET &&var1 = 'abc'
does not work.
This is the error message which the batch-job produces:
UNKNOWN FOCUS COMMAND -SET
(INF32074) BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
How can I provide these variables?
Thanks for any hints!
Stahl

Report This Post
<TonyW>
posted
We use -SET commands in batch all the time, it should work fine. Is it a problem with the line before the -SET command ? I notice you used -SET &var1 = 'abc' with no semi colon at the end .... is the semi colon missing on the line above? I suspect its something before the -SET that is causing the problem, otherwise you have a nice bug.

Report This Post
<Stahl>
posted
Hi,
there are ; at the end of the -SET-statements. And the line before is only a //SYSIN-jcl-line.
I can't see what's wrong.
Thanks
Stahl

000013 //SYSIN DD *
000014 OFFLINE
000015 -SET &DATUM = TODAY('A10');
000016 -SET &DATUMDD = EDIT(&DATUM,'$$$99$$$$$');
000017 -SET &DATUMMM = EDIT(&DATUM,'99$$$$$$$$');
000018 -SET &DATUMYYYY = EDIT(&DATUM,'$$$$$$9999');
000019 -SET &DATUMGER = &DATUMDD ! '.' ! &DATUMMM ! '.' ! &DATUMYYYY;
000020 TABLE FILE I7VF001U
000021 HEADING
000022 "BLBJ &DATUMGER"
000023 SUM GESBEZ
000024 BY GESELL
000025 WHERE STAND='MO' AND DATAUSW='20040300' AND MM='03'
000026 WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 300
000027 WHERE READLIMIT EQ 300
000028 END
000029 FIN
000030 /*

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Dialogue Manager commands are not supported in JCL SYSIN.
Include the DM commands or all your code within an procedure.
//SYSIN DD *<br />EX PROC<br />FIN<br />//*
Regards,
Mikel

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
<TonyW>
posted
Ahhh now I see. You need to put your commands in a FOCEXEC procedure. Remember with an MVS batch job you don't have a TSO session as such. That is why TSO ALLOC commands don't work in batch either but they do in an online session. In batch jobs you need DYNAM... or allocate in your JCL (our standard here). DM commands will work in batch but only if executed from within a FOCEXEC.

Report This Post