Focal Point
[SOLVED] Page/dashboard with drilldown comboboxes?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1097009196

October 31, 2019, 03:24 AM
Rvdwekken
[SOLVED] Page/dashboard with drilldown comboboxes?
Hi all,

I do have a question about WebFOCUS Enterprise Edition 8.2

On here, I want to create a page/dashboard, which includes multiple charts/reports.
These charts/reports have multiple filters, which will automatically be included in the page/dashboard as a combobox

In this case I have 3 comboboxes/filters (say i.e. 'Country, 'Town' and 'Date')

Is there a way (on the page/dashboard) to make sure that if I select a Country, that the filter/combobox of Town automatically filters out all the irrelevant other towns (so not specific to that certain Country)
So kind of a 'drill down'. Haven't been able to find it so far

-edit- Something like this (Television -> https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...4B729D237DA5EB3520FD)

Hope you can help Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

tbd
October 31, 2019, 07:15 AM
MartinY
This is "chained" filters

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
October 31, 2019, 07:28 AM
Rvdwekken
Thank you very much for your fast reply! Is there a manual on how to implement them?

I tried some stuff in App Studio, including bindings, but are not able to get it working unfortunately

tbd
October 31, 2019, 07:30 AM
MartinY
Search Knowledge Base for "chaining"

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
October 31, 2019, 07:36 AM
Rvdwekken
I tried it (https://kb.informationbuilders.com/search?chaining), also 'chain' and 'filter chain', but no results

tbd
October 31, 2019, 07:49 AM
MartinY
Go to : Tech Support (where you need userId/pwd)
Then click on : Search Knowledge Base
Then type "chaining" is first search box and then Search

In Focus since 2007
October 31, 2019, 10:11 AM
Satheesh Babu
Chaining the controls for the Page Designer is little tricky.

You can do that using WITHIN command in the filter.

First Where Condition.
Second Where condition With in First
Third Where condition With in Second.

TABLE FILE ibisamp/car
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
BY CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE
WHERE (CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY.(FIND CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY IN ibisamp/CAR |FORMAT=A10,SORT=ASCENDING).COUNTRY:.QUOTEDSTRING);
WHERE (CAR.COMP.CAR EQ &CAR.(FIND CAR.COMP.CAR IN ibisamp/CAR |FORMAT=A16,WITHIN=COUNTRY).CAR:.QUOTEDSTRING);
WHERE (CAR.CARREC.MODEL EQ &MODEL.(FIND CAR.CARREC.MODEL IN ibisamp/CAR |FORMAT=A24,WITHIN=CAR).MODEL:.QUOTEDSTRING);
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET GRWIDTH 1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
ENDSTYLE
END 

WebFOCUS 8.2.04
AIX/UNIX/Windows, All Outputs
October 31, 2019, 10:27 AM
BabakNYC
The Designer will chain the parameters automatically if they are in a hierarchy. For instance, if you look at WF_RETAIL (sample file) Product dimension has Product Category and Product Subcategory in a virtual hierarchy within the master file. If you use them in a filter, they'll automatically be chained.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
October 31, 2019, 10:28 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Rvdwekken

First of all Welcome to Focal Point. It is a great forum for getting answers to your development questions

I have also found that if you have the hierarchy of fields defined as dimensions in the master file description it will automatically do the chaining in the portal page.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
November 01, 2019, 03:58 AM
Rvdwekken
Thanks all for the fast help!

The App studio 'chaining' part worked fine for me Smiler
Will also try the other options, thanks!

tbd