Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Multi source tree control, layer managing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Multi source tree control, layer managing
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello all.
Could anybody, please, help me in following:
I have multi source tree control with 4 levels. And I have to show in separate dropdown list box what level is selected. Is it possible to know what layer has checked the check boxes?

Thank you.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oly,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.8, 8.2.0.3
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hello Oly,
Could you please clarify your question: 'Is it possible to know what layer has checked the check boxes?'

Thanks,

Lisa Scipio
Product Manager
Information Builders, Inc.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I have to know checkboxes of which level are selected. I have to check level4 first, if there are no selected checkboxes, I have to check level3, then level 2.
Thanks.

Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi Oly,
We do not have an API function that does this. Could you tell us what is the benefit to you in doing this or why you would like the layer selected to be shown in a separate control? We may be able to provide you with another solution or workaround.
Thanks,

Lisa Scipio
Product Manager

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Lisa,
It's not good newsFrowner For my reports I have to have separate dropdown control, which should have list of levels and in case of some level is selected this control should display the level's name or name of next level(it depends on report) as selected and contains all other levels below selected in tree control.
For example: tree control has 5 levels: countrys, regions, cities, streets, house numbers. In case of some street is selected my separate dropdown list control should contains 'Streets' and 'House numbers' in list and 'Streets' should be selected.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oly,

Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi Oly,
In order to prioritize this issue, we need to understand exactly why you would like to populate a control with the name of a selected layer.
Is it for further development of your HTML page? If so, please give us details on how you continue to use that control on your page. Or, is it simply so that the layer name could be exposed?
Also, when we understand how you are using this control that shows the layer name, we may be able to provide you with an alternate solution.

Thanks,

Lisa Scipio
Product Manager

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Lisa,
yes, depend on report and requirements of customers the value could be used for further development of this HTML page, for example, to check something in case of determinate value of dropdown control is selected. And of course, I send the value of this control into the fex and use it for different business logic.
Thanks.

Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Thank you Oly.
As of now, we do not have a workaround where the selected level (level1, level2) on a tree can be exposed. Please open a case with Customer Support and provide details of your scenario.
Best Regards,

Lisa Scipio
Product Manager

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Lisa.
my tree control passes the data into secveral parameters(from each layer) for fex. Is it possible to catch the info for them and use these values in javascript functions?
Thanks.

Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hello Oly,
Yes, it is possible to use the values in javascript functions.
Please note, a case must be opened if you would like new API functions to be available.

Also, we await a case for exposing selected levels on the tree control (your previous request), if one has not already been opened.

Thanks,
Lisa

Guru
posted Hide Post
I use a single source tree control that has multi-select with up to 6 levels. I get the values of everything selected and pass them into a listbox to display.

//Begin function addbase_onclick
function addbase_onclick(ctrl) {
var baseprod = IbComposer_getCurrentSelection('base_tree_control');

var ins = baseprod;
  for (var i=0; i<ins.length; i++) 
  {        
      var doup = 'false'; 
     //alert (baseprod[i]);
     var inss = productlist;
     //alert(inss.length + "len");
     for (var j=0; j<inss.length; j++)
     { 

if (inss.options([j]).value == baseprod[i]) 
        { 
           doup = 'true';
        } 
     }
     if (doup != 'true') document.getElementById('productlist').add(new Option(baseprod[i],baseprod[i]));

}

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattC:
I use a single source tree control that has multi-select with up to 6 levels. I get the values of everything selected and pass them into a listbox to display.

Hi, MattC,
thank you for the hint, but unfortunatelly, I have to know the level and values don't help me.

Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lisa Scipio:
Hello Oly,
Yes, it is possible to use the values in javascript functions.

->Hi Lisa, could you, please, give me a hint how can I take the values for parameters for furter using them in js functions?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lisa Scipio:Please note, a case must be opened if you would like new API functions to be available.
->I will ask to my customers about it.

Thank you.

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
.add(new Option(baseprod[i],baseprod[i]));

Rather than making the "value" a clone of the "description", you can prepend a level indicator to the "value" (and have the fex strip it out). Will that help?

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post