Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Pagination is possible in OLAP or not??

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Pagination is possible in OLAP or not??
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Pagination is possible in OLAP or not??

if possible can you give an example to solove this pagination problem....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 67 | Registered: September 26, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Santhu

Please update your signature, so we know what you are using.
mainframe focus, webfocus, defstudio, version 5.5 or 7.6 it all makes a lot of difference.

What do you mean by "pagination" is that page numbers or something else?

Please try to create an example code with the CAR database and post that trial between the proper codes (see the left upper button in red
</>

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I want only specified(i.e 100) number of records to be displayed in the report instead of reteriving all records(i.e 10,000).

can we have another option like if it is trying to display me 2000 records then can we redirect it to the reportcaster saying that the record limit is more so, we are sending a mail to ur mail id in the form of excel file. So, that it will reduce the burden of the oracle server as well as web server also.

Can u help me out on this issuse.

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes Santhu that can be done.
You can test the number of records and than loop to some part of the report that either shows the report or sends you the output by mail in excel.
But you first have to count the records, so in one or other way it needs to enter the database, unless you have some metadata that holds this kind of figures.

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
A consideration would be to produce a HOLD file with all of your selection criteria then check the number of records, &RECORDS, and branch to a specified label based on the number of records in your HOLD file. Each of the succeeding labels would do whatever you ask it to do.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
That nice of &RECORDS and branching using label.
But i want to send a mail to particlar user email id when the record number is more.

Can u give me a sample code for sending a mail in excel format..

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Santhu,

Limiting your output to a certain number of records canbe done by setting the retrieval limit to a certain value. But that is just about it. You cannot send mail from within the olap environment nor send a request to report caster. The OLAP tool just is not meant for these things.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Like GamP says OLAP and Report Caster are not compatible.

For managing situations like you have, you need the Resource Governor.

Failing having Resource Governor available your best solution is to submit
your request directly to Caster via the API and always distribute the report
(NONE OLAP) that way.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Shantu

Are you a colleague of Swapna?

You both post the same question about this subject.
I answered you and some others did the same.
But now I see this question again with Swapna.

I think it would be wise if you both go to your management and asks them to send you to some basic training and if you have some project together start making appointments on who does the questions on FocalPoint. This would be more efficient than both posting the same questions.

Frank