Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Data Labels on Error Bar chart type

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1127057666

January 16, 2014, 11:52 AM
JMeattey
[CASE-OPENED] Data Labels on Error Bar chart type
Hi All -

I have a chart I have created using the column chart type Error Bars.The type takes three series of data - an average value, a high value and a low value - and plots the information as a column with high and low "whiskers."

The chart itself seems to be plotting correctly based on the data, however, when data labels are turned on, the value shown does not correspond to the average value, but the high value. I have reproduced the problem I am having using the Car file. Here is the code:

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM CAR.SPECS.WIDTH
CAR.SPECS.HEIGHT
CAR.SPECS.LENGTH
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET ARGRAPHENGIN JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET UNITS PIXELS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 770.0
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 405.0
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH ERRORBAR
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0); 
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false); 
setPlace(true); 
*END
ENDSTYLE
END 

Has anyone run into this issue before? My initial suspicion was that I might need to set the getDataText series to (0) in order to force the procedure to show the first SUM series (the average value), rather than the last, but it seems to have no effect on the result.

Am I missing something obvious, or have I found a bug to report (WF v8002)? Thanks for any help you can provide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0
Windows, All Outputs

January 28, 2014, 02:38 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi JMeattey,

Please open a case for this on InfoResponse Online so that we can look into it further.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn