Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     File Updates from Maintain Programs and .FEX Modify

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
File Updates from Maintain Programs and .FEX Modify
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We have 20 users updating our files using Maintain programs. So we have the Simultaneous Update features active in our odin.cfg.

Our problem is that we have .FEX modify programs that run daily to spread updates made by the maintain programs to billing files. With SU on, the .FEX modify programs will not update the files.

Is there a way to close certain files to the maintain programs while the .FEX modify programs are updating those files? If not, is there another way to do once a day updates?

Thanks, Kent

Windows2003 Server, WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Developers Studio and MRE

Posts: 63 | Location: Ft. Wayne, IN | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kent,

I'm not sure what your problem is but please check to make sure that your MODIFY programs have a

USE
yourfile ON FOCSU01
END

in them.

If they don't, they aren't running under the sync machine. Having a service in your odin.cfg is not sufficient.

You may also have to put the directory in the app path in the suprof.prf file.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ginny, I added the USE statement as you suggested but am still getting the message "FOC535 - More memory is needed to execute the request: Commit Source".
I am not sure what I need in SUPROF.PRF. Alan B posted on January 16 that it should be something like:

APP DISABLE
SET EDAPATH=C:\someplace\META;C:\someplace\FDS;

Is the "someplace\META" the program directory and the "someplace\FDS" the file directory? And is the "APP DISABLE" correct?
Kent

Windows2003 Server, WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Developers Studio and MRE

Posts: 63 | Location: Ft. Wayne, IN | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Kent

The SUPROF.PRF I use points to 2 directories, one for MFDs and one for the FOCUS datafiles. What you need is for the FDS to be able to pick up both, wherever they may be.

I use this for MODIFY and MAINTAIN, the EDAPATH is older syntax, needing the APP DISABLE.

Ginny is correct that you should issue a USE prior to any MODIFY or MAINTAIN, which I have in my EDASPROF.PRF.

However, MAINTAIN needs COMMIT=ON in the EDASPROF.PRF and MODIFY seems to prefer it OFF, so I issue a SET COMMIT=OFF prior to any MODIFY.

Now some may comment on my set up, but this has been working from 4.3 to 7.6 without any hitches, so I am loath to change it.....

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can put the USE in suprof.prf as well.

As for the mapping in suprof.prf, I wouldn't do an APP DISABLE. SET EDAPATH is very old syntax. Use APP PATH instead to point to the directories where your sync FOCUS files and masters are located.

When you are done, you should be able to go to an adhoc screen and type ? USE and see the files owned by the sync machine.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ginny

Whilst you can put a USE in SUPROF, you cannot issue a
USE
fn.FOC on FOCSU01
END
only
USE
app/fn.FOC
END
as the SUPROF is only read by FDS, not by the application needing to use the FDS server. When there are multiple users updating a .FOC file, then a USE pointing to the FDS should be prior to the application, for MAINTAIN I have found this best in the EDASPROF.PRF.

APP PATH will work, but so does EDAPATH.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post