Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Graph NOPRINT drill-down?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Graph NOPRINT drill-down?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I found a post on this topic from about a year ago -- just wondering if there is a way to do this.

EXAMPLE: Let's say I have a pie graph that displays sales by unit for the last 2 years. My value (y) axis is sales (summary), my category (x) axis is unit, and then on the 'across' tab, I have year (because I want 2004 and 2005 to be separate pies). User wants to be able to drill-down on the 2005 pie and get 2005 sales by unit by month. In other words, the year needs to be a parameter for the drill-down. I can't make this work unless I make it another Y value and make it visible. If I make year a visible Y axis value then I get extra pies for the year.

Is there no way to get this to display correctly AND have the proper drill-down?

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Your query is something like..
sum myvalue across my mycategory across year

This displays one pie for each year.
In the drill down list if you include the year
as a specifically passed value it should be
available to the next FEX. I would think it would not matter if the year is visible or not.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
yeah, I would think it would not either... But, it does.

Here is a snippet of the actual code I'm using:

SUM SEG01.RELIABILITY_DOWNTIME AS 'Reliability Downtime' SEG01.ENTRY_DATE_YY NOPRINT
ACROSS SEG01.PLANT_UNIT AS 'Plant'
BY SEG01.ENTRY_DATE_YY
WHERE ( ENTRY_DATE_YY GE (YY-1) );

and then the drill-down:

TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
FOCEXEC=app/graphrel.fex(PRODUCT_ID='&PRODUCT_ID' PLANT_UNIT=A1 YEAR=N3)

As long as the 'NOPRINT' remains in place, this drill-down will not work.

If anyone has been able to get the desired behavior, I would definitely appreciate your help and advice. Even some kind of workaround would be helpful at this point.

thanks!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone else have any ideas? Was really hoping someone had run into this before and came up w/ a workaround of some kind...

<JG>
posted
Remove the NOPRINT and add the following API call to your code.

setViewableGroups(1);

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JG:
[qb] Remove the NOPRINT and add the following API call to your code.

setViewableGroups(1); [/qb]
I need to do some data validation, but I think that might have worked...

Where can I find documentation on these API calls?

<JG>
posted
If your on 5.3 it's WebFOCUS Graphics Version 5 Release 3 (DN4500605.0904) which you will have to download from doc services.
If your pre 5.3 it's the javagraphapi.pdf which is in the devstudio bin directory.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Found it. Thank you very much for your help!

Expert
posted Hide Post
? from a novice grafer...why do you have ENTRY_DATE_YY twice in your request?
If there is some reason, then try
defining a second version of ENTRY_DATE_YY, say,
DEFINE FILE thing
FAKEDATE/YYMD = SEG01.ENTRY_DATE_YY;
END
GRAPH...
then refer to your noprint field as FAKEDATE NOPRINT
then in your dd, the reference to the fieldname ENTRY_DATE_YY will have only 1 place to look, instead of 2.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post