Focal Point
[SOLVED] i want to use chrome as default browser.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/114108981

July 24, 2009, 02:04 PM
swati
[SOLVED] i want to use chrome as default browser.
Hi all,
when i run the report,the report runs in IE,i heard that in chrome the report runs faster than that in IE.SO Please tell me how i can use the chrome as my default browser so that my report runs in chrome only not in IE.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

windows
PDF,EXCEL.
July 24, 2009, 02:12 PM
Doug
Go For It! Change it on your PC... That's only a destination for the output creatde in WebFOCUS... Keep in mind that the results may vary for your users if they're using other browsers.
July 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
BDAVIS
I switched to Chrome about a month ago and haven't had any problems opening WebFocus reports with it (but we don't do HTML reports). Runs great.

You can change your default browser in control panel -> add or remove programs -> set program access & defaults

WebFOCUS 7.6.3 | Solaris 10 | Excel, PDF
July 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
swati
ok,thanks.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.
July 27, 2009, 03:02 AM
StuBouyer
Also remember that Developer Studio is hard wired to use IE. Changing your default browser won't make Developer studio open a report in Chrome - it will still use IE.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)
July 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
Francis Mariani
Stu, what happens if we've banished IE from our computers? Are you saying that if we want to use any version of Developer Studio, we MUST have IE installed?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
July 27, 2009, 10:44 AM
<JG>
Francis,

That's absolutely correct.

All past and current versions of DevStudio require IE.

However things may change in the future as I believe there is a project to remove the dependancy.
Possibly in version 8.

It's actually a much bigger issue in Europe as Microsoft has been forced by the European Union
to unbundle IE and a number of other features from it's operating systems.
July 29, 2009, 11:25 AM
Francis Mariani
Interesting information of Microsoft's reaction to the European Commission's ruling on default web browser for Windows:

Engadget: Microsoft giving Europeans with Windows XP and Vista choice of browser

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server