Focal Point
Too Much Access

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1171087331

June 28, 2004, 08:54 PM
George Brown
Too Much Access
When a developer is creating a report they get every table in the system as an option in their report instead of being limited to the master files found only in their domain.

How do I limit the access of these users.

Example:

user 'username'
is part of group 'singleTable'
singleTable has access to the domain 'smallDomain'

I was under the impression that the user 'username' went to start a report, only the tables found in 'smallDomain' would appear. Instead, all table names found in the webfocus server are an option.

What am I doing wrong?
June 29, 2004, 02:18 AM
<WFUser>
Just because a group has access to only one domain, it doesn't mean that group or domain has limited access to the server files (MFDs). What you need to do is separate the master files on the server into applications. Then limit each domain to an application by checking the box in the domain properties and selecting that application.
June 29, 2004, 03:42 PM
webfocuspgm
Make sure your user isn't set up with the "Advanced" option in the user properties.
June 30, 2004, 06:07 PM
George Brown
quote:
Originally posted by WFUser:
[qb] Just because a group has access to only one domain, it doesn't mean that group or domain has limited access to the server files (MFDs). What you need to do is separate the master files on the server into applications. Then limit each domain to an application by checking the box in the domain properties and selecting that application. [/qb]
Thanks... this worked out.