Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Problem creating a synonum against this oracle table

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Problem creating a synonum against this oracle table
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Getting the following error:-

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 904 (HEX: 00000388) (FOC1410) SQL COLUMN NOT FOUND. (FOR TABLE: CHECK ALIAS NAMES) : ORA-00904: invalid column name : Erroneous token: CHAR_USED (FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.

The oracle table info is

CREATE TABLE GICCTACT_MIS
(
CR_PSO_NBR VARCHAR2(20),
PROCESS VARCHAR2(240) NOT NULL,
STARTDATE DATE,
EXSTARTDT DATE,
ENDDATE DATE,
EXENDDT DATE,
STATUS VARCHAR2(9),
ACTUAL_DUR NUMBER(9),
TARGET_DUR NUMBER(9),
WORK_TIME_MIN NUMBER
)
TABLESPACE USER_DATA
PCTUSED 40
PCTFREE 10
INITRANS 1
MAXTRANS 255
STORAGE (
INITIAL 64K
NEXT 64K
MINEXTENTS 1
MAXEXTENTS 249
PCTINCREASE 10
FREELISTS 1
FREELIST GROUPS 1
BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT
)
LOGGING
NOCACHE
NOPARALLEL;

Webfocus 7.6.2 on Windows Enterprise 2003 Server and
Webfocus 7.6.2 on HP Unix Server

Posts: 74 | Location: London | Registered: January 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Since you didn't post the SQL causing the error, is the syntax correct. I'm assuming you are using pass thru.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Leah,

Adolf is getting the error when trying to generate a WebFOCUS Synonym for the table.

I wonder if a column with a name that looks like a reserved word (STATUS for example) may cause the error...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification, Francis. I may have to learn more oracle in the near future. So very helpful. Reserve words can be such a pain as one version lets you do it then the next doesn't.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am using developer studio fuctionality to create a synonum. I can connect to Oracle 10g database without any problems, but the connection I am making is to an Oracle 9 database.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have create the same table on an Oracle 10 database and it create a synom without a problem, Therefore I can assume it's not a reserve word issue.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
What I can't understand is that it connect OK !, when running the sysnom it list all the Oracle tables that ones has access to, but after selecting one it generates the error mentioned above

Expert
posted Hide Post
So this happens with any table, not just the one you posted originally?

Have you tried creating the synonyms from the WebFOCUS Server Console instead of from Dev Studio?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes , the same problem.

I think that the problem is that I can connect to and same table that's on a Oracle 10g server database, but it doesn't create a sysnomum against a server with Oracle 8.

I have also tried changing the connection to Oracle 8 within developer studio bu to no avail as I got Oracle 10 client software

Gold member
posted Hide Post
It works fine but had to change the Connection.

When I change the connection SQL to Oracle 8 fro Oracle 10 it works fine even against an Oracle 10 g database. Does anyone know what the issue are in using an Oracle 8 or Oracle 10 connection. I have Oracle Client on the Server

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, this sort of makes sense, doesn't it?
If you connect to oracle 10g and then try to create a synonym for an oracle 8 table, then there is bound to be a problem, since oracle 10 can be addressed with a slightly different syntax than oracle 8.
But, since many oracle releases are downwards compatible (as we also try to do with webfocus), connecting to oracle 8 will be the solution for both oracle versions.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post