Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     PDF Format Report Problem (& How to add new fonts to WF Server)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PDF Format Report Problem (& How to add new fonts to WF Server)
 Login/Join

<PJ>
posted
I tried to create a report in PDF format but have a few problems:

1. PDF format doesn't accept the Arial Narrow font. will get the error: (FOC3203) UNRECOGNIZED FONT IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE 17:

2. In PDF format, any decimal field cannot be formated as Fixed Column Width otherwies the column will show blank.

I don't want to create all my reports in the landscape. How can I add the Arial Narrow font to PDF?

Thanks PJ
using Developer Studio 7.1.4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <PJ>,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I always use ARIAL but not the narrow one, just a smaller font size might help.
The second point I do not understand.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
2. In PDF format, any decimal field cannot be formated as Fixed Column Width otherwies the column will show blank.

Can you show what you are actually doing with the field when you say fixed column width?

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When creating a report for the PDF output format, the WF Reporting Server is creating the PDF file and therefore needs to have access to the Arial Narrow font on the machine which it is installed. This is probably why you are having issues. Do a search on IBI tech support for information regarding installing font files on the WF Server.

When creating a report for the HTML output format, the users machine/browser is what renders the HTML page and therefore the font file needs to be on the users machine.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<PJ>
posted
Thank you all for your responses.

1. found one article on WebFocus Newsletter dated back October 2002 about how to add fonts to Webfocus server for PDF:

Step 1) User TTF2PT1 utility to convert True Type font into a Type 1 font for use with WebFocus PDF output
i.e. Arialn.ttf -> Arial.afm & arial.pfb

Step 2) Copy Type 1 font files to the Server: ibi\desktop436\home\etc\ and add the new entry in the file ibi\desktop436\home\etc\pdf.fmp

I don't know whether the version 7.1.4 still works that way.

2. When you create a report in Report Painter, resize any field by mouse, the field will be surrounded by 4 pins graph then this field became Fixed Column Width format. Any decimal field has Fixed Column Width format will show blank in PDF output. Why?
Thanks. Have a great weekend!
PJ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <PJ>,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
PJ,
Yes, 714 still works the same, as does 76. No changes there.
Have no idea why decimals show up as blank with fixed column width.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post