Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] PDF output with ACROSS doesn't show Page HEADING

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] PDF output with ACROSS doesn't show Page HEADING
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I've looked all over focal point and haven't found anyone having this same problem.

We have a PDF output type report that holds 4 columns on a page, but we have 12 columns worth of data, so it creates a 3 page PDF document. The first page shows the page heading and pages 2 and 3 do not show the heading.

We had a similar problem with it not showing the BY fields on multiple pages, but we found that we can make it show the by values if we use the ON TABLE SET BYPANEL ON. I'm hoping there's something similar that we can use for across, if that makes any sense.

Ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason, this is normal behaviour, because the width of the data is wider than the page size.

You could:

• Do you have SQUEEZE set to ON ?
  • Change the size and/or type of the font.
  • Change the PAGESIZE to something larger.
  • Reduce the MARGIN's of the report.
  • Change the gap between the columns.

If none of these will do the job, then redesigning the report may be required.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Waz: All good ideas, but we really don't see a way to compromise the design of the report.

If there's a little complicated coding involved, that's no big deal.

Keep any ideas coming. This is one of only a few reports that we have running now in Crystal Reports that we need to convert to webfocus, I hate to think that FOCUS can't do something that CR does. Wink

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The one thing that does come to mind would be a coordinated compound report.

Not sure if 7.6.2 does it, or is good at it, but it would be pretty simple, I think.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Are you able to use ORIENTATION = LANDSCAPE?

WebFOCUS & ReportCaster 8.1.05, 7.7.03 - AIX/LINUX, FOCUS 7.6.13 MVS, Output PDF, XLS-XLSX, DOCX and HTML

Posts: 146 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It is simple, if you know how many panels you have you can create each heading and either use position tags <+3> in the heading or in the style space then out using width for the field.
I hope that there is another way but that is the quickest.

david

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips, folks.
The problem is that this is a report that shows all employees for a supervisor and their hours worked, for example. Some supervisors may only have one employee, and the H/R department would like to have everyone listed. The number of panels would be from 1 to about 25 pages.

I appreciate your attention to my problem. Now we know that it wasn't something we were missing, but just a limitation of the webfocus reporting tool. Like I said before, we can just keep it in Crystal reports for now.

Thanks again.

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
The number of panels would be from 1 to about 25 pages.

Jason, I hope your company doesn't grow beyond 25 employees. My horizon would be distorted to look at such a wide report and hopefully the entire report fits into a single page. In my own experience, as soon as any columns segegated to the next panel, I'll try to do some lanscaping work to fit everything in.

Hua

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

Posts: 305 | Location: Winnipeg,MB | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would switch it to a BY instead of ACROSS.

or just output to Excel and let it work its magic.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post