Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED - no simple solution] Subtotal title for ACROSS when using ordered across

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED - no simple solution] Subtotal title for ACROSS when using ordered across
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

It was difficult to make a proper subject, but it is easier to explain my question with a CAR example.

I have a report where I want to put the ACROSS values (say COUNTRY) in a specific order.
I use a DEFINE for the requested order and do a ACROSS NOPRINT.

DEFINE FILE CAR
COUNTRY_SORT/I2 = DECODE COUNTRY('JAPAN' 1 'W GERMANY' 2 'ENGLAND' 3 'FRANCE' 4 'ITALY' 5 ELSE 99);
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY SEATS
ACROSS BODYTYPE
ACROSS COUNTRY_SORT NOPRINT SUBTOTAL AS 'Total'
ACROSS COUNTRY 
END

I want a subtotal column over all the countries (within bodytype).
I need to do ACROSS COUNTRY_SORT NOPRINT SUBTOTAL AS 'Total'
This indeed gives the requested subtotal column, but the title is ignored. This makes sense as it is a NOPRINT column.
But how can I get a proper title?
A SUBTOTAL on the ACROSS COUNTRY does not work as it is a subtotal within COUNTRY_SORT so every column will be repeated.

Is there a way to get the title within this TABLE request? As the original report is very complex and dynamic, I'd rather not resort to extra hold files.

Martin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martin vK,

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Martin

A bit of a kluge that may be acceptable:
DEFINE FILE CAR
COUNTRY_SORT/A20 = DECODE COUNTRY('JAPAN' '      JAPAN' 'W GERMANY' '     W GERMANY' 'ENGLAND' '    ENGLAND' 'FRANCE' '   FRANCE' 'ITALY' '  ITALY' ELSE ' ');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY SEATS
ACROSS BODYTYPE
ACROSS COUNTRY_SORT AS COUNTRY  SUBTOTAL AS 'Total'
END

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan,

Nice workaround which I do use in some reports with limited columns.
Problem is that we have a generic report generator with some attributes that could be selected for the across have 100+ values, so gets a bit messy. HTML output will remove the spaces, but e.g. in PDF or Excel they will show.

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster