Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.1.4 MRE
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I'm testing reports in MRE and I have a launch HTML page with Variables and when you fill in the Variables and hit submit, it goes to the Default 7.1 AutoPrompt Page and stops. Anyone know how to turn this off.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes,

Admin Cosole for the Client...Configuration, Managed Reporting, IBIMR_prompting...set to OFF.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Also right click the report and ensure Prompt for Values is not checked

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If we do Kevin's suggestion it does not promt at all even if the report is checked Prompt for Values.

We are also having the problem if you try to edit in Resource Layout a program what was created in 5.3.5 it puts up a box telling you it is going to convert it to the new 7.1.4 version...and it will either stick the fex in the HTML or delete it all together. Anyone run across this issue? This is also in MRE this is happening.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Prarie,

Yes, I saw that "feature" when we were first testing. It is the new method of creating the HTML pages from the RL tool. I believe that it uses XML to read the fex but further than that I haven't given it a lot of time. With it being an "all new tool" I would suggest that you plague IB with any problems you have using it, especially when upgrading because, from hearing your experiences, I'm not sure that editing existing code has been tested enough.

Personally, I don't like it and therefore stick to coding by hand. This is not a problem for me but could be a problem if someone is not too happy with writing HTML etc.

Good luck

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have quite a few open cases with IBI with this release. I'm OK hand coding..but we have people fairly new to Focus in general...and GUI is their friend. I don't like it changing what is already there...and think you should at least have the option of saying yes or no.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Agreed, but (as far as I can see) the method that is now employed to harness RL is sooo different that it requires that older versions are brought into line, so I am not confident that a yes or no option would even be possible.

I concur with the fact that the GUI is the new developers friend, and would also suggest that when a change in a release is this big any recent training that may have been received can be rendered next to useless. It wouldn't be so bad if the help files in Dev Studio were not so "Maintain" biased.

Over time there might be more acceptance of the new tools, as is the general movement with new releases of what ever software. For now though give me notepad!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Prarie

Did you ever find a solution to your prompting issue in 7.1x?

Aaron M Reiff
Prod - WebFocus 7.66
Prod - ReportCaster 5
Win Server 2K/ISAPI/MSSQL Server 2K
--------------------
Test - WebFocus 7.66
Win Server 2003/TomCat/MSSQL Server 2K
--------------------
Dev - WebFocus 7.66
Win Server 2003/TomCat/MSSQL Server 2K

Posts: 43 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This worked from IBI

You should be able to customize to allow the default of "Run in New Window"
checkbox to be checked via the following:

Location of the file:
ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.xsl

Original Version:

function onLoadDescribeForm( )
{
document.WFDescribeForm.AmperStaticMulti.disabled=true;
document.WFDescribeForm.AmperDynamicMulti.disabled=true;
document.WFDescribeForm.AmperAcceptMulti.disabled=true;
with( document.WFDescribeForm )
{
var formLen = elements.length;
for( var i = 0; i <
formLen; ++i )
if( elements[i].type != 'hidden' disable-output-escaping="yes">&& elements[i].disabled ==
false )
{
elements[i].focus();
break;
}
}
}

You just need to add the following line to the beginning of the function:

document.WFDescribeForm.reportTarget.checked=true;

Therefore, the function should look something like:

function onLoadDescribeForm( )
{
document.WFDescribeForm.reportTarget.checked=true;
document.WFDescribeForm.AmperStaticMulti.disabled=true;
document.WFDescribeForm.AmperDynamicMulti.disabled=true;
document.WFDescribeForm.AmperAcceptMulti.disabled=true;
with( document.WFDescribeForm )
{
var formLen = elements.length;
for( var i = 0; i <
formLen; ++i )
if( elements[i].type != 'hidden' disable-output-escaping="yes">&& elements[i].disabled ==
false )
{
elements[i].focus();
break;
}
}
}

Just location the function onLoadDescribeForm() in the file indicated
and add the single of line of code at the beginning of it prior to any
other code. Do not adjust any other code. Also, make a backup of this file
prior to any changes as a precaution.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We are testing 7.6.1 and I'm told this no longer works to get rid of the annoying run in new window. Anybody know how you fix it now?
Do we maybe have a yes or no setting?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Summit and my co-worker tried to get this solved in the Expert room and did not. Anyone know how we can get the Run in New Window box to be automatically checked in 7.6?