Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] On Table PCHold Format EXL2K missing data

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] On Table PCHold Format EXL2K missing data
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi-
When one of our users upgraded to Excel 2013 and tried to run a report that has been run for several years without error, her data returned is only 28,000 rows but her expected return should be around 54,000 rows. This has been tested in both MRE and DevStudio. The previous code had:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
When the following code was included, the returned rows are correct:
BY FUND NOPRINT
BY ORGANIZATION_CODE NOPRINT
BY ACCOUNT NOPRINT
BY PROGRAM NOPRINT
BY ACTIVITY NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K FORMULA
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
END

My question is- do we need to go back and change all reports to include the:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K FORMULA
for them to return the correct data? Also, is this a known issue? Am relatively new to WF.

Thank you in advance.

WF 7.7.05
DevStudio 7.7.03
All output types

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

now WF8 Release 8.2.01M, Windows 2012 now in Production

Posts: 43 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 13, 2014Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum B!
Do not have Excel 2013, but, Microsoft is the Excel vendor, and, can't tell what they do anymore...
Instead of changing all the reports, log onto the Reporting Server and under
Workspace --> Configuration, you'll see the Server Profile edasprof.prf. Double-click and add this line anywhere:
LET EXL2K = EXL2K FORMULA
Then save. This will make all your programs work with FORMULA, if, that is what the real issue is. May try and test a few other with Excel 2013 1st...

Hope this helps...
Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom!
We'll try it and test. I appreciate the help!

B

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It should not be necessary to change all your reports to EXL2K FORMULA.

Worse, the two are not equivalent. FORMULA can give different results than plain EXL2K does, as it leaves the computations to Excel.

IMO, you should investigate where this difference is caused. Does WF generate all 54,000 rows? Does either WF or Excel display an error message? Etc.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks WEP5622:
It did not seem to make a difference. One user on Excel2013 only retrieved 30,000 rows via MRE. The other user on Excel2013 retrieved only 26,000(ish) rows via DevStudio and all 54,000(ish)rows via MRE. I am on Excel2013 as well-but cannot recreate the error. I am able to retrieve all 54,000(ish)records running both in MRE and DevStudio.
We get the error message:
"The file format and extension of 'WFServlet.xls' don't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust its source, don't open it. Do you want to open it anyway?" Y N

Expert
posted Hide Post
A similar issue was reported by P.P. recently: http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/5767063076

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you Francis- it appears to be a very similar issue, if not the same.

B

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
According to the IBI tech support person I spoke with, "there is no support for EXL2K with Excel 2013". He gave me the link to the document describing the Excel format and limitations:
Saving Report Output in Excel 2007/2010 Format
tm4690.pdf
Hope this helps if any others run into the same issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,